Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+3
fonz1951
duck2000
jedi17
7 posters

Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning

jedi17
    jedi17

Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning Empty Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning

Post by jedi17 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:21 pm

Thursday, December 15, 2016, 3:01 PM - Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning.
    Alberta Parks issued the warning for Chester Lake and Burstall pass trailhead parking lots in Kananaskis, Alberta.
    Officials recommend motorists to keep at least 30 metres away from any moose, and to sound a car horn or use a remote door alarm to deter the animals.

"Do not attempt to push moose away from your vehicle while on foot," the warning reads.
    Many animals, including moose, have a natural need for salt in order to maintain good health and if there is no natural source available, they will search elsewhere for replenishment.

The warning remains in place until further notice.
    While it is unclear exactly how many car-licking incidents have been reported in 2016, Alberta Parks says this is something that happens every year during the wintertime.

SOURCE: Alberta Parks
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning Empty Re: Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning

Post by duck2000 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:39 pm

jedi17 wrote:Thursday, December 15, 2016, 3:01 PM - Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning.
    Alberta Parks issued the warning for Chester Lake and Burstall pass trailhead parking lots in Kananaskis, Alberta.
    Officials recommend motorists to keep at least 30 metres away from any moose, and to sound a car horn or use a remote door alarm to deter the animals.

"Do not attempt to push moose away from your vehicle while on foot," the warning reads.
    Many animals, including moose, have a natural need for salt in order to maintain good health and if there is no natural source available, they will search elsewhere for replenishment.

While it is unclear exactly how many car-licking incidents have been reported in 2016, Alberta Parks says this is something that happens every year during the wintertime.

um exactly where do i have to park my car to get it licked.. please send directions
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning Empty Re: Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning

Post by fonz1951 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:43 pm

"Do not attempt to push moose away from your vehicle while on foot,"  while who's on foot, the moose or the person? lol
    jedi17
    jedi17

Post by jedi17 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:49 pm

duck2000 wrote:
    jedi17 wrote:Thursday, December 15, 2016, 3:01 PM - Only in Canada would there be a car-licking moose warning.

um exactly where do i have to park my car to get it licked.. please send directions

take highway 11 north for about 10 kms, turn left at the lake, then a quick right where you see the big rock beside the pine tree, park your car and call the moose over.
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 9:06 pm

jedi17 wrote:
    duck2000 wrote:

lol!

take highway 11 north for about 10 kms, turn left at the lake, then a quick right where you see the big rock beside the pine tree, park your car and call the moose over.
    ahill
    ahill
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Post by ahill Fri 16 Dec 2016, 3:45 am

Apparently moose like beer  .... somebody found that out.  Who knows how?

When you park your car by the big rock beside the pine tree  and you want your car licked -  you have to give the moose call.
    (leave a can of open beer)

This is what you say ....  "Here moosie, moosie, moosie - Here moosie, moosie, moosie"

Works every time.  

(and don't ask me how I know)  lol!  

a
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 16 Dec 2016, 8:52 am

lol! Only on Neno's can you find such great people with a sense of humor... This was needed. Thanks to all of you... and especially jedi...  bighug
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Fri 16 Dec 2016, 9:21 am

Everyone, this is too funny, thanks for the laugh

funny funny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:30 am