Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Fri 03 Feb 2017, 7:36 pm

Thoughts on line combos and Stadium Series gear
    February 3, 2017, 1:44 PM ET [36 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pit Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    After a few days off from game action the Penguins will return to the ice tonight in what should be a heated Metropolitan Division contest. Pittsburgh will play host to the Columbus Blue Jackets who have been one of the pleasant surprises of the season. Columbus is currently three points ahead of Pittsburgh in the standings with both teams playing the same amount of games.

Tonight the Penguins will get back an injured center. It isn’t Evgeni Malkin. Matt Cullen will be making his return to the lineup and it will be in an elevated role. There were questions about who would replace the injured Conor Sheary and yesterday at practice that speculation ended. Here are the updated line combos:

Cullen-Crosby-Hornqvist
    Guentzel-Bonino-Kessel
    Hagelin-Rowney-Rust
    Kunitz-Fehr-Wilson

Is placing Cullen on the top line the right move? There’s no harm in trying it, but there certainly aren’t a shortage of options. Pittsburgh could have also tried Guentzel, Kunitz, and Wilson which would have been fine as well.  

Here’s an offensive breakdown of those players at 5v5 this season

Pittsburgh Penguins EJRUEzW

A few things to point out here. Jake Guentzel’s sample is still small at 12 games. Matt Cullen’s quality of teammate is probably the lowest of the bunch. Chris Kunitz and Scott Wilson are having very good seasons.

My guess is the reason that Mike Sullivan went with Cullen instead of Kunitz or Wilson is because he wants them to continue to play with Eric Fehr. This keeps Eric Fehr at center where he has played better than he has at the wing. With Sheary out this affords the opportunity to make that happen. Fehr is a candidate to be traded so why not put a player in a position to succeed if that is the case? A fully healthy Penguins lineup doesn’t have Fehr in it and 2M is not chump change to have sitting.

Pittsburgh showed off their Stadium Series jerseys yesterday and they are sharp.

Personally, I believe these are much better than the blue ones.

The goalies are coming strong with their gear. Marc-Andre Fleury went the sentimental route with his latest helmet. It looks great.

Pittsburgh Penguins SAmh6oN
    Pittsburgh Penguins Bp5Uh2p

The writing is on the wall as this being Fleury’s last year as a Penguin and this helmet is a really cool homage to the relationships that he has built with the franchise over the years.

Matt Murray is also coming strong with his gear.

Big game tonight. Should be a testy affair.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 8:17 am