Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Policeman killed in armed attack north of Kirkuk

jedi17
    jedi17

Policeman killed in armed attack north of Kirkuk Empty Policeman killed in armed attack north of Kirkuk

Post by jedi17 Thu 11 May 2017, 7:01 pm

Policeman killed in armed attack north of Kirkuk

Kirkuk (IraqiNews.com) One policeman was killed late Wednesday when an armed individual shot at him north of Kirkuk, a security source said on Thursday.
    Alsumaria News quoted the source saying that the gunman shot at the police agent in Raheem Awa district, killing him immediately before escaping to an unknown destination.
    The attacker’s identity was not uncovered immediately, but Islamic State militants have stepped up attacks against security members and civilians over the past few months across Iraqi provinces where they have a presence.
    An attack four days ago on a military base in Kirkuk, where U.S. advisers are stationed, left two members of the Kurdish Peshmerga forces, as well as five militants, dead.

It is believed that IS is escalating attacks to make up for losses in Mosul, its largest bastion in Iraq where Iraqi forces, backed by a U.S.-led coalition, have been battling the group since October and became close to recapture the city.
    According to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), Nineveh, where U.S.-backed Iraqi government troops are caught up in battles against Islamic State militants in Mosul since October, was the most affected governorate, with 276 casualties (153 killed, 123 injured). Baghdad Governorate followed with 55 killed and 179 injured. Salahuddin came third, with 15 killed and 43 injured.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 9:10 am