Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Reform of the Iraqi state .. Smart government is not produced by stupid minds (9)

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Reform of the Iraqi state .. Smart government is not produced by stupid minds (9) Empty Reform of the Iraqi state .. Smart government is not produced by stupid minds (9)

Post by Rocky Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Reform of the Iraqi state .. Smart government is not produced by stupid minds (9)

 d. Louay Al-Khatib * 

The eGovernment is the right arm of the successful countries in the world. It is adopted as a main mechanism for establishing security and providing high quality public services without any margin of error and corruption. It is a modern system that relies on the use of the Internet to connect institutions through electronic gates and applications programmed in fast, accurate and transparent contexts. .
    The smart government is the natural development of the e-government model experienced by the developed country during the first decade of the second millennium to complement the technology invested by developing the citizen's relationship with institutions and services. The governments were developed more by interacting with information spread in society and institutions economically and securityally. Using smart devices and intelligent Internet-related software, from applications of smart phones, security surveillance cameras, and power consumption devices, rather than the end of sanitary and climatic systems, Linked to a government-run information bank.
    In 2006, after the election of the first federal constitutional government in Iraq, I had suggested to some government officials to work on developing e-government to be a beginning aimed at eliminating bureaucracy, corruption and mismanagement together, as well as improving quality and efficiency in providing public services and creating a secure environment for citizens Promising investments and attracting hard currency. The response to the idea was not serious. Oil prices were on the rise and leaders of the political forces were in the midst of the recovery of imports, as well as the tendency of the electoral blocs to win the largest public support by providing jobs in the government sector to their popular bases. Making the citizen think only of obtaining a government job as an insurance policy that provides him with a monthly income without any local output, the result: a lax state led by corrupt and owners illusory and failed management and waste of imports.
    It took us a decade to meet another official in the country who was entrusted with following up the administrative and economic reforms in 2016. Our conversation focused on ways of reform and finding solutions in light of the deterioration of oil prices, the increase in budget deficits, administrative slackness and corruption that hit all parts of the country. Are there new ways of reform? The task is to adopt the e-government and to adapt its administrative systems to move to the smart government and its applications, but this task requires high quality and efficient energies and a budget of millions of dollars, no less than the responsibility of those responsible for managing the responsibility of the Prime Minister. He smiled at me and said, "Easy, we started with this project where we developed the eGovernment portal, with little cost and through young volunteers. We set up a corporate registration program as a first stage. You can register in less than an hour!" "Is this a miracle if it is true ?!" Because I know what this achievement requires because of my experience in the management of e-governance projects in Britain during the nineties of the past century, and if Balach responsible to show the program through his phone, if it is a poor and poor Internet page offers a request for information and documents subject to the same difficult contexts that consume several Months and thousands of dollars for their completion. Then I learned that I sit down to a man who has combined the stupidity and the wit with the cleverness of quotas, and with his hands the reform of the failed Iraqi state.
     If the short-  lived shocks 
     if not received by reformers 
    bold bolders while calling for the survival 
     will be long, the people hated the 
     disadvantages of those who have kept periods. " 
    Perhaps the biggest dilemma faced by the Iraqi citizen every day before any other challenge, including security and economic, is the dilemma of completing the transaction. The completion of the transactions of the Iraqi man most of the age during the rounds of the Marathon is less comparable in the world, in the era of dictatorship was the fabricated bureaucracy a way to distract the citizen from thinking in the time of futile wars, but in the era of "democracy" The murderous routine is the best policy to bend the individual in contexts that do not give him the chance of creativity and produce the alternative to the corrupt and the failure that controls the capabilities of the state, where the holder of the position is the only excluded from all these obstacles stalled in the lives of the people.
    If there is a major and real achievement to be addressed to any Iraqi government is to activate the file of economic and administrative reform, so should expedite the task of assigning a professional team and recognized the competence of the world has wide powers to cooperate with major international companies in the construction of smart e-government system, After reviewing the general contexts and recommending new legislation that would facilitate the work of the system, so that Iraq will not escape corruption, mismanagement, government slackness and security chaos without adopting this radical solution to catch up with developed countries. Which was prepared for the third millennium while Iraq is still in place by adopting administrative contexts inherited from the Ottoman state collapsed a century ago. 
    In practice, e-government is not made by the government of quotas, but the smart government is not produced by stupid minds.
    * Academic and fellow at Columbia University, New York

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:25 am