Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+5
cltinspring
Bama Diva
fonz1951
Wayne Irby
Neno
9 posters

Got this from my Bank today....

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Empty Got this from my Bank today....

Post by Neno Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

...even tho I knew it and do move monies around from time to time, I thought it would be cool to show how un cool a bank is... ;)

This is a non-commercial message sent to you by Wells Fargo as part of your account relationship.
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Header_spacer_571x21
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wflogo_62sqGot this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 WF_Email_Notification_TEMP_2X-sell_05Having trouble viewing this email? View online.
    Please add Wells Fargo to your email address book.
    wellsfargo.com     |     Consumer Deposits     |     Prevent Fraud
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_spacer_571x10
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 WF_Email_Notification_TEMP_2X-sell_05 
    Learn about transfer limits from savings

Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_red_bullet_13x14 Learn More

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to make sure you understand that a federal rule (Regulation D) limits transfers from your savings account to a total of six (6) per monthly statement period. To help you stay within the limit please keep in mind

• Certain types of transfers from a savings account are limited to six (6) per monthly statement period — including transfers through online banking (including mobile and text), by telephone (automated and banker assisted) or for overdraft protection coverage.

• If the federal transfer limit of six (6) is reached — transfers from savings accounts through online banking (including mobile and text) or the telephone may be declined for the remainder of the monthly statement period.

• If the six (6) transfers per monthly statement period are exceeded — an excess activity fee of $15 for transactions over the limit will be assessed. If the limit is exceeded on more than an occasional basis, the savings account must be converted to a checking account, which doesn't have any transaction limits, or closed.
    [color][font]

If you need to make more than six (6) transfers in a month, simply visit a Wells Fargo ATM or banking location, because there is no federal limit for in-person transfers or withdrawals.

[/font][/color]
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_spacer_5x5
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_spacer_10x10Learn MoreGot this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_spacer_10x10
    Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Wf_ra_spacer_5x5
    [color][font]

Questions? Talk with a local Wells Fargo banker or visit us. [/font][/color]
    Steven527
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Got this from my Bank today....

Post by Steven527 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

Federal law prohibits more than 6 withdrawal transactions from a savings account per month.  You may deposit as often as you wish into a savings account.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Got this from my Bank today.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Got this from my Bank today....

Post by Neno Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:53 pm

Steven527 wrote:Federal law prohibits more than 6 withdrawal transactions from a savings account per month.  You may deposit as often as you wish into a savings account.
    Imagine that... ;)
    Steven527
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by Steven527 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm

The regulation probably has to to with Basal III rules governing how much a bank can lend vs how much assets the bank has.   Savings accounts are intended to grow in size unlike a checking account which is more fluid and fluctuates in size.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:13 pm

Steven527 wrote:The regulation probably has to to with Basal III rules governing how much a bank can lend vs how much assets the bank has.   Savings accounts are intended to grow in size unlike a checking account which is more fluid and fluctuates in size.
    Makes total sense. Has as in your money being ruled by them. Hello investments, safes and uzies... ;)
    mitymike
    mitymike
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Post by mitymike Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:08 pm

Transfers is one account to another. You could withdraw as many times as you like. I got this letter about a month ago.
    Screwball
    Screwball
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Screwball Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:34 pm

Steven527 wrote:The regulation probably has to to with Basal III rules governing how much a bank can lend vs how much assets the bank has.   Savings accounts are intended to grow in size unlike a checking account which is more fluid and fluctuates in size.
    stops them lending beyond their means! and those that dont meet basil could end up with a bail in like greece!
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Wed 27 Nov 2013, 4:50 am

mitymike wrote:Transfers is one account to another. You could withdraw as many times as you like. I got this letter about a month ago.
    Oops, totally miss that but still... lol!
    Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Post by Bama Diva Wed 27 Nov 2013, 9:10 am

Steven527 wrote:Federal law prohibits more than 6 withdrawal transactions from a savings account per month.  You may deposit as often as you wish into a savings account.
    I wonder why this law exists? Has it always been the law or did Dodd-Frank establish it?
    elandur
    elandur
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by elandur Fri 29 Nov 2013, 7:56 pm

Not sure where this law/regulation came from originally - but it has been around for awhile.  Ran afoul of it myself several years back.  Probably another "good intentioned" rule the feds came up with to protect us from ourselves.  I think it has something to do with keeping people from using savings accounts as checking accounts, since savings accounts usually pay more interest than checking accounts do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 3:28 am