Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Biden urges Maliki to dialogue with the Sunni tribes

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Biden urges Maliki to dialogue with the Sunni tribes  Empty Biden urges Maliki to dialogue with the Sunni tribes

Post by Rocky Fri 10 Jan 2014, 3:38 am

Biden urges Maliki to dialogue with the Sunni tribes

08/01/2014
    Emphasized Vice President Joe Biden during a telephone call with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Wednesday U.S. support for Iraq in the war being waged against terrorism.
    The White House said in a statement that al-Maliki, Biden briefed on the latest developments of the situation in Anbar, including the political initiatives on the local and national levels.
    Biden urged Maliki to sustain communication with local leaders and tribal and national leaders, and welcomed the decision of the Council of Ministers to grant rights and privileges of the dead and wounded from the sons of the tribes who are fighting against the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (Daash).
    The statement added that U.S. Vice President praised al-Maliki confirmed that the elections will take place as scheduled.
    For his part, stressed White House spokesman Jay Carney said Washington has called al-Maliki to work for political reconciliation and do military moves to expel the rebels close to the base of Fallujah and Ramadi, in Anbar province, where troops fought the U.S. 10 years ago heaviest fighting in the Iraqi conflict.
    In parallel, spokesman for the U.S. Department of Defense and Steve Warren, Washington began working with the Iraqi government to fight militants linked to al Qaeda, stressing speed up the process of handing Iraq drones and missiles "Hellfire."
    Call for settlement
    In a related development, the U.S. Senate looking mechanisms to provide military support to Iraq to fight al-Qaeda in Anbar, the center of a call by Senator John McCain for the owners to reach a settlement with the Arabs, the year before advancing the implementation of arms deals signed between Baghdad and Washington.
    CNN
    In a statement to CNN News, McCain called on to provide all kinds of support for Iraq, but it is called al-Maliki to do more about the "Sunni fears."
    "What I want to see him to offer the necessary support for an intelligence and logistical support and all that we can to help them do what they do not have, but before this on Maliki to reach a settlement with the year, because al-Qaeda has benefited from this gap."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 2:55 am