Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

IMF: debts of Arab countries more than 90% of its GDP

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

IMF: debts of Arab countries more than 90% of its GDP Empty IMF: debts of Arab countries more than 90% of its GDP

Post by Rocky Sun 10 Feb 2019, 2:10 am

IMF: debts of Arab countries more than 90% of its GDP

IMF: debts of Arab countries more than 90% of its GDP 12907

The International Monetary Fund warned on Saturday that public debt has been rising rapidly in many Arab countries since the global financial crisis in 2008, due to the continued rise in the budget deficit.
    "Unfortunately, the region has not yet fully recovered from the global financial crisis and other major economic upheavals of the last decade," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said.
    "Among oil-importing countries, economic growth has improved, but still below pre-crisis levels."
    The public debt of Arab oil importing countries rose from 64% of GDP in 2008 to 85% in 2018.
    She noted that public debt in about half of these countries currently exceeds 90% of GDP.
    The public debt in oil-exporting countries, including the six member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), rose from 13 percent to 33 percent of GDP driven by the collapse of oil prices five years ago, she said.
    She stressed that the oil-exporting countries did not achieve a full recovery from the shock oil prices faced in 2014.
    "We continue to achieve modest growth, but the outlook is still uncertain," she said.
    Lagarde called on oil-exporting countries to use renewable energy in the coming decades in line with the Paris Convention on Climate Change, which provides for the reduction of emissions of the environment.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 9:13 am