Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON

Lobo
    Lobo

MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON Empty MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON

Post by Lobo Sun 21 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm

MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON
    MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND PRESERVED LEMON Moroccan%20Ingredients
    View detailed images (1)

INGREDIENTS
    from Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan, recipe and photo via Yummy Supper

• 3 pound chicken
    • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
    • small bunch of fresh oregano, finely chopped (Basan's recipe calls for cilantro instead)
    • juice of 1/2 lemon
    • 1 teaspoon coarse salt
    • 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 large onion, grated
    • pinch of saffron threads
    • 1 teaspoon ground ginger (we used fresh grated ginger instead)
    • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1 cinnamon stick
    • 1 1/2 cup cracked green olives
    • preserved lemons, rinsed and cut into strips

Rub the cavity of the chicken with garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt.

Mix olive oil, grated onion, saffron, ginger, and pepper on the chicken's skin. Place chicken in a tagine or large flameproof casserole ( I used my trusty Le Creuset dutch oven). Pour the marinating juices over the top, cover, and let the bird marinate for 30 minutes.

Move pot to the stove top. Pour enough water into the pot to come half-way up the sides of the chicken. Add the cinnamon stick and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about an hour. Turn the chicken occasionally.

Preheat oven to 300.

Carefully lift the chicken out of the pot and set aside on a plate and cover with foil. Turn up the heat on the stove top and reduce the cooking liquid with about 5 minutes of cooking. Return chicken to the pot and baste thoroughly in the juices.

Add olives and preserved lemons. Place casserole in the oven for about 10 minutes. Turn oven up to 475 for a final 5-10 minutes of cooking (this will help to slightly brown the bird).
    We served this succulent chicken over a buttery quinoa pilaf that soaked up the chicken's yummy, lemony sauce.
    Serves 4-6

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 8:58 am