Recipe by Stacy Harris
Serve these crunchy but tender, easy-to-make fries with Chipotle Dipping Sauce for a zingy treat. Or, whip up a sweet, delicious Cinnamon Sugar version of the fries to serve as a mouthwatering, surprising dessert. (Find instructions on how to make all three below.) Helpful tip: Boiling the fries before baking them gives them a much crunchier texture on the outside while they remain tender on the inside
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into ½ inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Instructions for Baked Sweet Potato Fries1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Place potatoes in pot and boil for about 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
3. Drain potatoes, then dry with paper towels.
4. Mix remaining ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Place potatoes in the mixture and coat evenly.
5. Spread sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet. (Use two sheets if the potatoes are touching—if they do, they will steam instead of roast.)
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy, turning them occasionally.
7. Remove and serve with Chipotle Dipping Sauce (recipe below).