Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Quoting CNBC: Abadi from Davos declares that Iraq is selling oil at $ 23 a barrel

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Quoting CNBC: Abadi from Davos declares that Iraq is selling oil at $ 23 a barrel Empty Quoting CNBC: Abadi from Davos declares that Iraq is selling oil at $ 23 a barrel

Post by Rocky Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:53 am

[ltr]
    Quoting CNBC: Abadi from Davos declares that Iraq is selling oil at $ 23 a barrel

January 22, 2016

[/ltr]

[ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Our economy / Agencies
    Said Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said Iraq sells oil to three and twenty dollars a barrel while he speculated in the preparation of the financial budget for this year to five dollars and forty per barrel, Abadi statements This came during a meeting televised Buttne CNBC channel Arab conducted with him during his participation in Davos you the text of the meeting.
    Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said in an exclusive interview to CNBC that the significant decline in oil prices last year and this year, the impact on the country's economy, adding that the government completed a package of reforms, as reduced government spending a great deal.
    Ebadi said: "the situation is difficult this year, just as it was difficult last year. As you remember, last year was a tie for the per barrel price in our budget is $ 57 per barrel, but we did not get in the end only to $ 45 a barrel. And this was very hard on us. This year we have identified the breakeven price of oil at $ 45 a barrel, but we sell it now versus 23 or $ 24 a barrel, and these harsh conditions for us. "
    (Full questions and answers to the Prime Minister of Iraq, Haider al-Abadi) transcript of the interview
    Question: Welcome cnbc I am pleased to join the Prime Minister of Iraq, Mr. Haider al-Abadi. HE the Prime Minister why you are present in Davos today? Your country suffers from corruption, conflict and there is a decline in oil prices and this affects the Malitkm and your ability to fight the organization of the Islamic state, what is the amount of money needed to defeat Daash?
    Abadi: Currently we are making victory over the Daash. We were able to edit large parts of Iraq from the control Daash. And elements of the organization are now currently Harbin was defeated in many areas.We we plan to Daash expelled from Iraq in the year 2016, and we are working on sending additional troops to the north of the country for the Liberation of the connector and Nineveh Daash This is another important stronghold of the organization. It is clear that the Daash are losing steam. During the week or the last two weeks we noticed they lowered the salaries they pay to the terrorists. This means that we win them and stop their funding. Unfortunately Daash was getting money from somewhere. And not all the people united to stop the smuggling operations by Daash funding and who gets it. But we achieve the desired results. However, the significant decline in oil prices last year and this year we have much impact. We must continue our fight against Daash, and to maintain the sustainability of our economy.Iraq relies on oil for many years. Has been accomplished in the Iraqi government a package of reforms succeeded where, where we have reduced government spending a great deal, and as a result, corruption will fall, of course, so there are a lot of corrupt who are trying to disrupt our efforts, but they have not succeeded so far, and I hope that they can succeed. We are currently fighting three wars: one with Daash, and one with the corrupt, and the third on the economic front, and make great efforts in the fight.
    Q: What do you hope to hear from other leaders and senior investors present in this forum, because there are a lot of big companies that are still operating in Iraq Is your government can assure the safety of its employees, and whether there will be the privatization of the assets, as happened with Saudi Aramco?
    Abadi: The sixteen Iraqi province of eight out of ten province is blessed currently safe. There are many multinational state companies that operate in Iraq, including the international oil companies. It is safe and business is booming. And I can guarantee her safety, and Iraq is a great opportunity for them. Yes, there are challenges and we understand that, but we are faced with these challenges. I believe that Iraq has a lot of untapped potential yet, and can be exploited. Iraqi society has a very strong stand in the face of terrorism and strongly challenged, as we move forward. If my message is very clear. We we are in talks with international oil companies in order to balance between oil production and prices and determine the cost of a barrel. Even now I think that a large cost and this is not sustainable with the current low oil prices.
    Question: What is the amount of cash that you need to defeat Daash?
    Abadi: the situation is difficult, just as last year was difficult this year. As you remember, last year was a tie for the per barrel price in our budget is $ 57 per barrel, but we did not get in the end only to $ 45 a barrel. And this was very hard on us. This year we have identified the breakeven price of oil at $ 45 a barrel, but we sell it now versus 23 or $ 24 a barrel, and these harsh conditions for us. But we have a reform process underway, and we have reduced government spending by a very large, and we are making the victory, and there was not a popular attack us in return, but the Iraqi people show his understanding of the situation. But I think that we will face a major challenge in the future because we are forced to use a lot of our resources to fight Daash. We must give the military what it needs to fight this organization, and he needs to, ammunition, weapons, equipment and resources on a sustainable basis. This is the reason for our presence here. We are in talks with the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and with many multinational companies that are willing to help Iraq as we have seen. I was pleased that they were the ones asked to meet with us, and this is very encouraging sign.
    Question: But what you need from the international community in general and America in particular. We saw Iraqi special forces were making progress in Ramadi Do you want weapons or loans, what do you need from accurately from the president?
    Abadi: we were in the past, we need three things: training, weapons and air support. Currently, we have a fourth requirement is economic support. We do not need the cash, but we need additional facilities.Iraq has enormous potential and we will not Nvels. Iraq oil producer, and contains a lot of opportunities and we will be in a much better position in the future compared to now. This is what we are looking for now, and we're getting some support, but we expect more support. I hope through our contacts here and in other places that we get this support.
    Question: Tell me a little bit about the regional context here because a number of countries such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, adjacent to you and the States in developing disputed and both Saudi Arabia and Iran share in the political process in Syria, what is the fate that is heading to the Syrian state and whether there is a role played by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the problem is that Iran and Saudi Arabia agree on fighting Daash?
    Abadi: we have a fundamental interest in relation to the deployment of peace in Syria, simple reasons is that Daash moving between Syria and Iraq, albeit expelled Daash of Nineveh and Mosul How can Syria to protect its borders at a time will move Daash there .. So I think that there are a number of questions also require answers from the international community and not one of us only infrastructure to us to aspire to a political solution in Syria, and the ongoing escalation between Iran and Saudi Arabia Vmanalmakd that he is not good as dragging the whole to sectarian conflict zone which will not help us at a time when fighting in which our enemy "Daash" .. and I have to here to warn everyone of Daash of gravity and its unique ability to corrupt young people a serious matter experienced by Syria, Iraq, and should not be given the opportunity now, the solution for this is to find a political solution in Syria, there is an ongoing process which is slow In my opinion, and it must be characterized by force to achieve further progress and application, otherwise the situation as we see it now in Syria, there is an increase in refugees who got their numbers from 10 to 11 million people both inside and outside Syria, and the Syrian economy has been completely damaged as well as infrastructure, the situation now is not in the interest of one, Terrorism, which in Syria Pat goes out to the rest of the deferral, and as we have seen what happened in Istanbul, Paris and Jakarta, which indicates the seriousness of the terrorist organization called Daash, but if we joined forces, we will be able directed towards the fight against Daash and expelled from Syria.
    Question: Whether or Syrian President Bashar al-Assad remained in power do not, what are the things that must be taken into account to complete this political process?
    Abadi: back first and last decision in the self-determination to the Syrians themselves, I think that any transition of power should be calculated and be gradually, as we do not want to see what happened in Iraq in 2003 is repeated again when the disintegration of the army and collapsed everything has It took us a long time to restore order in the country and we still suffer from the consequences of it, so I think that the government agencies that remain in Syria, such as the army and other government agencies, and the question here is how it will be done? How the system will change more convenient and cater to others by making and keeping government institutions at the same time.
    Question: Would you told me a little about the role to be played on the Kurds, not only in Iraq, but in the fight against the organization of the Islamic state's efforts as well. There is a long history of differences, at least in terms of energy and resources, but according to our understanding of Kurdish fighters have been seen fighting in other areas. What role in the fight against Daash Salabbonh the future?
    Abadi: We work together, particularly with the Kurds inside Iraq. We are also working with the Kurds inside Syria, but there is a problem in Turkey. Turkey considers the Kurds her problem more basic than Daash. This is a problem for us. They are currently fighting the PKK and other Kurdish and other elements in Turkey has sought to war in Iraq, they are also responding to expand their operations to Syria. For us, this poses a concern. Fbaatviade Turkey want to return to the glories of the Ottoman Empire, I do not think there is a place for it in the region. We must maintain a good relationship with our neighbor Turkey, we have made a great effort to maintain this good relationship. And I, as the Prime Minister of Iraq, eager to improve our relationship with Turkey, something we've done before. But crossing the Turkish military units to Iraq is not useful at all. I do not see any role for them in the fight against Daash in Mosul because they do not. If they want to fight Daash, they exist on their borders with Syria. They can fight Daash there. It is not useful in my opinion, to have ambitions of Turkey in Iraqi territory. This is not beneficial to them and us. I think they should change the priorities of the Kurds considered their problem is so Daash become the fundamental problem. I think that some of the targets of the bombing before Daash in Turkey is something that should be a warning to the Turks and must take him seriously.
    Question: Based on what made by Turkey over the past two years and the escalation of fighting them for Daash, do you think that Turkey is doing enough to fight this entity?
    Abadi: I hope they do so, but do not forget that he had had a Daash in the previous relations with Turkish leaders and we have some evidence they are aware of this, I think that the establishment of Daash entity was through Turkey, and it must be stopped that, but the Turks understand they tell us otherwise and that they are eager to fight Daash, but I tell them that I do not see any evidence of that and I hope to see what proves their words.
    His Excellency the Prime Minister of Iraq, thank you for being with us in the (CNBC)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/ltr]

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 5:09 am