Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Erdogan: "I am a human being ... I can die at any time" and constitutional amendments do not make me

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Erdogan: "I am a human being ... I can die at any time" and constitutional amendments do not make me Empty Erdogan: "I am a human being ... I can die at any time" and constitutional amendments do not make me

Post by Rocky Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:42 am

Erdogan: "I am a human being ... I can die at any time" and constitutional amendments do not make me a dictator

ANKARA, April 19 (Itar-Tass) - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said that the constitutional amendments to the Turkish regime's transition from parliamentary to presidential, which would give him broad powers, "do not make him a dictator."
    Erdogan said in a televised interview that the package of constitutional reforms, consisting of 18 articles, "was not centered around him personally."
    "I am a human being, I can die at any time," Erdogan said in the first interview since the referendum results.
    Erdogan rejected accusations that the new authorities were willing to empower themselves instead of improving Turkey's political system. "The regime represents a change and a shift in Turkey's democratic history," Erdogan said.
    The margin of victory for the vote was "yes" in the referendum, and despite the state of emergency and the large-scale campaign against the opposition, Erdogan managed to convince only 51.4 percent of voters to support constitutional reforms.
    "Winning is a win," he said. "It does not matter if you win one against zero or five against zero, the ultimate goal is to win the game."
    Under the amended constitution, Erdogan will be able to abolish the post of prime minister and assume broad new powers of government by decree. The new arrangements allow him to appoint members of the Council of Ministers and some senior judges. The power of parliament is limited in the scrutiny of legislation.
    Erdogan denied that reforms were "a step towards dictatorship", saying: "When there are dictatorships, there should be no presidential system."
    "We have a ballot box here, democracy is getting its power from the people, and this is what we call national will," Erdogan said. Finished

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.googleusercontent.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.iraqpressagency.com/%3Fp%3D166267%26lang%3Dar

Current date/time is Sat 04 May 2024, 7:49 pm