Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

United Nations: extremist groups get financial and logistical support from Saudi Arabia

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

United Nations: extremist groups get financial and logistical support from Saudi Arabia Empty United Nations: extremist groups get financial and logistical support from Saudi Arabia

Post by Rocky Fri 05 May 2017, 10:21 am

United Nations: extremist groups get financial and logistical support from Saudi Arabia

Date: 11:20 05/05/2017

The Special Rapporteur called on the United Nations for Human Rights and the fight against terrorism, Ben Emerson, Saudi Arabia to review anti-terrorism law, expressing his concern for more groups to exercise violence on financial and logistical support linked to sources within Saudi Arabia.

Said Emerson, he told reporters that the amendments to the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2014 provides "broad and acceptable definition of" crime does not comply with international human rights standards.

He said: "I strongly condemn the use of anti-terrorism sanctions and criminal law in the right of individuals exercising their rights to peacefully express their views."

He called on the Saudi authorities to EMERSON create an independent mechanism through which a review of the persons who have been imprisoned issues against the backdrop of human rights issues "and the easing of sanctions or amnesty for these prisoners immediately."

The British lawyer pointed out that the Saudi government handed over Thursday morning, a list of nine cases constitute a "priority", including the case of blogger Raef Badawi sentenced to prison and flogging on charges of insulting Islam, pointing out that he asked to meet the detainees, but the authorities refused to do so.

He said that Emerson Saudi Arabia to investigate each strike is suspected to have led to the deaths of civilians and "the announcement of the death toll in public."

He also spoke about Saudi participation in the international coalition against al Daesh in Iraq and Syria, saying that Riyadh contribute significantly to blows, but he expressed concern "for more groups to exercise violence (...) on the financial and logistical support linked to sources within Saudi Arabia." Finished / 25

http://almaalomah.info/2017/05/05/world/153007

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:14 pm