Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A freeze on a law that would establish outposts on Palestinian land

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A freeze on a law that would establish outposts on Palestinian land Empty A freeze on a law that would establish outposts on Palestinian land

Post by Rocky Sat 19 Aug 2017, 4:16 am

A freeze on a law that would establish outposts on Palestinian land

09:28 - 19/08/2017

The Israeli High Court has temporarily suspended a law to establish illegal settlement outposts on Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank, in response to landowners' petition.

According to court documents, Judge Neil Hendel issued a precautionary order to freeze the law passed by the Knesset on 6 February and retroactively initiated a number of settlement outposts that were not adopted by a government decision.

The court's decision was in response to a petition by 17 Palestinian local councils built on its territory, as well as a number of Palestinian and Israeli human rights organizations.

The Israeli right-wing movement immediately condemned the court's decision, which he claimed undermined the parliament's sovereignty. MK Bezaleel Smutrich of the ultra-right-wing ultra-Orthodox Jewish party party considered it a "serious intervention by the court against a law passed by the Knesset."

Israeli Attorney-General Avichay Mandelblit warned that the law would expose Israeli officials to the International Criminal Court, while Israel's anti-settlement movement Peace Now described the law as a "disgrace to the Knesset."

The law was denounced internationally, and the United Nations Special Envoy for the Middle East Peace Process, Nikolai Mladenov, confirmed that the law "went beyond a broad red line".

http://www.almaalomah.com/2017/08/19/185844/

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 2:03 am