Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

German mediation to end the crisis in North Korea

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

German mediation to end the crisis in North Korea Empty German mediation to end the crisis in North Korea

Post by Rocky Mon 11 Sep 2017, 3:17 am

German mediation to end the crisis in North Korea

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has expressed her willingness to mediate a resolution of the crisis with North Korea and is ready to take part in a diplomatic initiative to end Pyongyang's nuclear and missile program.
    Merkel proposed talks with North Korea along the lines of Iran's nuclear talks, which led to the Vienna agreement.
    "If our participation in the talks is welcome, I will say yes immediately," Merkel said in an interview with Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
    Merkel recalled the negotiations that led to a historic nuclear deal between Iran and the world powers in 2015, in which Germany and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, which has veto power, participated and resulted in Iran agreeing to curtail its nuclear work in exchange for Lifting the majority of international sanctions.
    Merkel said it was a "long but important diplomacy" and had a "good ending" last year, a reference to the time of implementation of the agreement.
    "It is conceivable to use such a formula to end the conflict with North Korea. Europe and Germany in particular should play a very active role in that. "
    She said she believed the only way to deal with North Korea's nuclear program was to reach a diplomatic solution, and stressed that "a new arms race in the region would not be in anyone's interest."
    Merkel is expected to win a fourth term in an election on Sept. 24, with conservative polls giving her leadership more than 10 percent more than their fellow Social Democrats.

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 12:15 am