Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi government efforts to purchase new giant marine carriers

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi government efforts to purchase new giant marine carriers Empty Iraqi government efforts to purchase new giant marine carriers

Post by Rocky Thu 02 Nov 2017, 6:21 am

[size=30]Iraqi government efforts to purchase new giant marine carriers[/size]
    02/11/2017 01:16 | Number of readings: 45
    font size: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Trend Press / Baghdad

The Iraqi shipping company has announced its intention to buy a new giant marine tanker as part of its efforts to revive its war-torn merchant fleet.
    "The shipping company intends to rehabilitate its fleet after the destruction of about 23 naval carriers, as a result of the wars witnessed by Iraq in the time of the former regime," a spokesman for the Iraqi Ministry of Transport said on Thursday.
    "The company currently has six giant vessels, and another giant tanker (not specified) will soon be purchased to enter the service within the maritime fleet," he added.
    He pointed out that "the shipping company is the local carrier, so we seek to transfer all loads of government institutions."
    Iraq fought successive wars beginning with the Iran-Iraq war in the early 1980s, and the Gulf War against coalition forces following the invasion of Kuwait by the Iraqi army in the early 1990s, ending with the US occupation of Iraq and the overthrow of the former regime in 2003.
    Currently, Iraq relies on the leasing of tankers of different nationalities to transport imported goods for the benefit of state institutions, in addition to other carriers carrying out shipments of oil exported from the fields of the south.
    Iraq has four commercial and industrial ports in the province of Basrah (south), Al Maqal, Khuz Al Zubair, Abu Flus and Umm Qasr.
    Iraq exports about 80 percent of its oil through the ports of Basra on the Arabian Gulf, the country's only sea port.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 3:31 am