Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Election boycotts increase the balance of blocks of seats and do not fail the ballot

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Election boycotts increase the balance of blocks of seats and do not fail the ballot Empty Election boycotts increase the balance of blocks of seats and do not fail the ballot

Post by Rocky Mon 29 Jan 2018, 1:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Election boycotts increase the balance of blocks of seats and do not fail the ballot

 Baghdad / Wael Ne'ma 

In vain the promoters try to boycott the 2018 elections to achieve their goal, while asserting political forces that it is in their interest to get more seats in the next parliament. 
    The opposition, according to activists, is afraid to steal its votes through the "St. Lego Modified" seating system and recycle some political faces. 
    The team runs its boycott of the elections through publications on social networking sites, under the label "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]", while trying to "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]", a counter-campaign, encouraging the elections. 
    The Constitution and the laws of the legislative elections, which have been amended several times since 2005, do not speak of a percentage of participation other than which the elections are considered illegitimate. 
    During the previous two trials in 2010 and 2014, voter turnout was between 62% and 60%, but some opposition believes that the low rate will open the door to international intervention to cancel the election results.
    Jamal al-Asadi, a legal expert specializing in election affairs for Al-Mada, asserts that relying on the international community's intervention in canceling the election results and changing the political map is difficult and has not happened previously in Iraq. 
    Prior to the 2014 elections, demonstrations in the northern and western governorates of Baghdad were calling for a boycott of the elections. The international community is expected to intervene if the participation rate declines significantly. 
    But the political forces did not pay attention to those votes, and the candidates of those areas, the elections, and participated in the formation of the government later. 
    Al-Asadi believes that there are political parties that benefit from low participation rates to increase the chances of their parties in return. "When parties organize campaigns to boycott elections and make sure that their constituents vote for them, that means they will get the largest seats in parliament," he said.
    After the 2014 elections, a number of "Sunni" political forces complained of losing their votes to other forces. And attributed to the reluctance of the masses to participate because of the security conditions that had coincided with the beginning of the emergence of a sympathetic organization.

"Elections do not represent me." 
    In the meantime, the opposition group contends that it is based on personal positions of refusal to participate and not supported by a political party. 
    "In the past 15 years, the elections have been held in a closed routine that has been created or imposed by the party blocs since the first elections in a sectarian-ethnic format," says Ali Riad, a civilian activist and participant in the "I will not be elected" campaign. . 
    On the other hand, Riyadh believes that the electoral system in Iraq steals his voice as a voter. "I have been elected, for example, a list because I am against the (X) or (Y) victory in the elections, but after the election I find that I have joined with a list that opposes its victory. In this way I have been deceived and I do not like to be deceived by anyone. . 
    In 2010, the Federal Court decided, by a controversial decision, that the largest political blocs formed after the elections and in the first session of parliament.
    That decision prompted political forces to begin to arrange new alliances after the election results appeared. 
    For his part, Hassan Khalati, a deputy of the wisdom movement, calls for the parties to go to reassure the frustrated street of previous electoral experiences. 
    "The refusal to participate in the elections will go in favor of the political forces, because the constitution does not specify a certain percentage of participation," Khallati said in an interview with Al-Mada yesterday. 
    However, the MP aspires to the wisdom stream to witness the upcoming elections a high participation rate, because he believes that broad participation "give an indication of the rise of public awareness and political interaction."

Changing the faces 
    In return, the "Do not Prepare for the House" group, which supports the elections, plans to hold popular seminars to raise awareness about the elections and talk with tribal sheikhs in the villages and the countryside to invite their children to participate in the poll. 
    "He does not belong to any political party or organization," Ahmed Karim, a student at the Faculty of Law at Karbala University and a member of the governorate's coordinating mechanism for independent civic movement, said. "He does not belong to any political party or organization, but he calls for participation in elections to change the old faces." 
    "It is our understanding that these faces will only be changed by the ballot box after the popular will has failed by demonstrations," Karim said of the campaign. 
    According to the electoral support team, the boycott benefits the ruling parties, because its constituency will come out to choose the same faces and reshape the government with the same personalities.
    Nadim al-Jabri, a professor of political science at Baghdad University, said: "Elections in the whole world are a right, not a duty that voters can use or reject." 
    Activists had a video of one of the deputies of the coalition of state law, speaking of his refusal to lose the political process because of the boycott. 
    Mowaffaq al-Rubaie appeared in the documentary in a television interview and said they were ready to "force people to vote." 
    The low level of participation in the elections is less than 50%, says al-Jabri, a former member of the House of Representatives, "the legitimacy of the elections at the grassroots level, because the political forces failed to convince the voter." 
    Al-Jabri believes that interest in participation rates exists only in third-world countries, while politicians do not care much about that in politically stable countries.
    The former MP, that most of the calls for boycott came from "the frustration of the street from previous experiences, and their belief that the election results will repeat the same faces."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:07 am