[size=32]The Federal Supreme Court declares that the American forces "exit" from Iraq.[/size]
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 10:15 am (61 views)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] FacebookTwitterGoogle plusLinkedinEmail
Baghdad / Sky Press
Spokesman for the Federal Supreme Court in Iraq, Eyas Al-Samouk, confirmed that "the court has not issued any decision regarding the exit or stay of foreign forces from Iraq."
A government source said with a press statement last week, "There is communication between the Iraqi and American governments about the future of the latter's forces in Iraq, and the common desire between them is for negotiations to start and continue for months or a year."
A spokesman for the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Abdul Karim Khalaf, revealed that there are dialogues with Washington to review the security relations between the two countries.
The Iraqi parliament, at the beginning of this month, adopted a resolution recommending that the government end the presence of any foreign forces on Iraqi soil and prevent it from using its lands, airspace and water for any reason.
Then, the caretaker head of government, Adel Abdul-Mahdi, announced that he had asked the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, to "send delegates to Iraq to lay down the mechanisms for implementing the decision of the Iraqi parliament for a safe withdrawal of American forces from Iraq."
In turn, US State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortigos said: "At this point, any delegation heading to Iraq will be charged with discussing the best way to reassert our strategic partnership, not to discuss troop withdrawal."