Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Senior Iraqi army officer killed in IS attack near Baghdad

chouchou
    chouchou

Senior Iraqi army officer killed in IS attack near Baghdad  Empty Senior Iraqi army officer killed in IS attack near Baghdad

Post by chouchou Sat 18 Jul 2020, 4:48 am

BAGHDAD, July 17 (Xinhua) -- A commander of an Iraqi army's brigade was killed on Friday in an attack by Islamic State (IS) militants in the north of the capital Baghdad, the Iraqi military said.

"A terrorist act targeting a military vehicle in Tarmiyah area resulted in the killing of the commander of the Army's 59th Brigade," the media office of the Joint Operations Command said in a brief statement.

Meanwhile, a separate statement by Iraqi Defense Ministry identified the killed commander as Ali Hamid Ghaidan "who was killed while carrying out his security duties in Tarmiyah area."

The response to the killing of Ghaidan will be "swift and harsh ... with an iron fist" on the militants who carried out the attack, said the ministry statement
    Tarmiyah, some 30 km north of Baghdad, is characterized by the intensity of orchards and connected to the vast deserts of the provinces of Anbar and Salahudin.

The attack in Tarmiyah came as the extremist IS militants have intensified their attacks on the security forces and civilians in the formerly IS-controlled Sunni provinces, resulting in the killing and wounding of dozens.

The security situation in Iraq has been improving since Iraqi security forces fully defeated the IS militants across the country late in 2017.

However, IS remnants have since melted in urban areas or deserts and rugged areas, carrying out frequent guerilla attacks against security forces and civilians. Enditem

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 4:32 am