Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A UN committee urges Iraq to enact legislation combating enforced disappearance

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A UN committee urges Iraq to enact legislation combating enforced disappearance Empty A UN committee urges Iraq to enact legislation combating enforced disappearance

Post by Rocky Wed 05 Apr 2023, 4:57 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]A UN committee urges Iraq to enact legislation combating enforced disappearance[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Resumption of the export of the oil of the Kurdistan region
    Baghdad-Geneva -
    The Iraqi government and the authorities of the northern Kurdistan region signed an agreement that allows the resumption of exports Exporting the region's oil to Turkey will start from Tuesday, after a 10-day hiatus, according to Ma officials said.[/size]
    [size=45]An official in the Kurdish regional government told AFP that the agreement, which was signed in Baghdad, was in the presence of Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani and Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani, start implementing it “today.” While a UN committee called on Iraq on Tuesday to enact legislation to eliminate cases Disappearance, including enforced disappearance, in the framework of combating this "heinous" crime. The committee quoted testimonies from the families of the victims of enforced disappearance, including the mother of a young man whom she contacted when he was arrested at Checkpoint on his way to visit his cousin. In her testimony, the mother said, “He answered, saying that he was at a checkpoint and that some men were in uniform The military is searching him, and he will call me back right after that. He never did. Since then, I have searched for him everywhere, in all prisons, with all authorities. But nothing.'[/size]
    [size=45]The largest enforced disappearances occurred in the aftermath of the liberation of cities from ISIS, especially in Anbar and Tikrit. ‬[/size]
    [size=45]And after a visit to Iraq last November, confirmed the relevant United Nations committee Of enforced disappearances, it received «a large number of testimonies of victims of disappearances, including Enforced disappearances, which continue to occur. "Since enforced disappearance still does not exist as an independent crime in the legislation," the committee said in a statement patriotism, he cannot be tried in this manner in Iraq.” Deeply concerned that the practice of enforced disappearance has been widespread in most parts of Iraq over the past few years different periods” with continued impunity. The committee urged Iraq to "lay the foundations immediately to prevent and eradicate this heinous crime."[/size]
    [size=45]The committee talked about five waves of disappearances in Iraq: during the rule of the Baath Party and the dictator Saddam Hussein, Then the American invasion and subsequent occupation, and during the declaration of the Islamic State organization "Caliphate", and military operations to restore Major cities of the organization and also during the anti-government protests.[/size]
    [size=45]According to the committee, hundreds of families are still searching for their loved ones, “and suspect that they are in camps in Turkey Or Syria or Iran, where there is no contact with the outside world.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 2:34 pm