Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

American newspaper: Iraqi decision in favor of ISIS

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

American newspaper: Iraqi decision in favor of ISIS Empty American newspaper: Iraqi decision in favor of ISIS

Post by Rocky Fri 06 Sep 2024, 3:42 am

[size=35][size=35]American newspaper: Iraqi decision in favor of ISIS[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

International

[size][size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    2024-09-06 | 02:24
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [/size]

Alsumaria News - International
    The New York Times reported that the Iraqi government's granting of a deadline to the United Nations Investigative Mission to Promote Accountability for Crimes Committed by ISIS in Iraq (UNITAD) until September 17 to finish documenting the genocide against the Yazidis in Iraq will limit the organization of criminal cases against ISIS members.

The UN team responsible for documenting the genocide of the Yazidis in Iraq is racing against time to extract the remains of the victims from the mass graves that have not yet been examined, after the Iraqi government decided that the team must leave in the middle of this month.

The newspaper added, "There are dozens of mass graves that have not been fully examined and contain decisive evidence against the organization's members involved."

Iraq is striving to turn the page on the horrific period in which ISIS controlled large areas of its territory, as it moves quickly to close camps housing displaced Yazidis, implement death sentences against perpetrators of ISIS crimes, and end the mission of "UNITAD".

But for the families of the nearly 2,700 missing Yazidis, the decision is heartbreaking, because any bone found could help solve the mystery of the fate of their loved ones who disappeared during the Islamic State group's takeover of large parts of Iraq in 2014.

“I am waiting for the remains of my family, and I think they are there,” says Shireen Khudaida, a Yazidi woman who was captured with her family by ISIS in 2014.

The liberation of areas previously controlled by ISIS in 2017 revealed previously unknown atrocities.

Shortly after, at the request of the Iraqi government, the United Nations established a team of investigators to document and collect evidence related to these crimes so that courts around the world could prosecute those involved.

However, in September 2023, the Iraqi authorities informed the UN investigators that they had only one year to complete the mission.

According to the newspaper, the Iraqi government's decision to end UNITAD's mission is part of its efforts to assert its national sovereignty at a time when US forces are still stationed in the country and many Iraqi politicians are closely allied with Iran, an adversary of the United States.

The newspaper quotes the Iraqi researcher at Human Rights Watch, Sarah Sanbar, as saying that ending Iraq's dependence on UN institutions may be part of the country's attempts to change its image.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2024, 2:42 am