Oysters on the Half Shell with Tarragon Mignonette
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
An impressive addition to a cocktail party or holiday gathering, this dish is quite easy to prepare. Here, the mignonette sauce—a classic accompaniment to raw oysters—gets a flavor boost from fresh tarragon.
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) dry red wine
- Crushed ice for serving
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- Lemon slices for serving (optional)
Wine PairingThis pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied sparkling wines like the Dominio de la Vega Cava Brut Reserva Especial, Utiel-Requena from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a small bowl, combine the shallot and vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the tarragon, salt, pepper and wine and stir to combine.
Fill a platter with crushed ice and arrange the oysters on top. Serve with lemon slices and the mignonette sauce alongside. Serves 8.