Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Federal Court: reducing the number of deputies need a constitutional amendment

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Federal Court: reducing the number of deputies need a constitutional amendment Empty Federal Court: reducing the number of deputies need a constitutional amendment

Post by Rocky Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:59 am

Federal Court: reducing the number of deputies need a constitutional amendment

 Baghdad / term

Federal Supreme Court announced on Monday that the reduction of seats in the House of Representatives and provincial councils need to "legislative intervention."
    The court answered several questions from parliament about the proportion of representation and the possibility of being limited to the voters only in an attempt to reduce the preparation of legislative councils , federal and local seats.
    The political parties made proposals to reform the electoral system in Iraq, the House of Representatives includes the feminine and local councils.
    The Federal Court, in a statement received (range) a copy of it yesterday, "it received a request for interpretation of Article 49, which reads (the House of Representatives consists of a number of members by one seat per hundred thousand inhabitants of the population of Iraq and represent the entire Iraqi people), in the light of the three questions made by the General Secretariat of the Council of Representatives. "
    The statement added that " the first question attached to the extent of the departure of the will of the legislator to the number (100) thousand for the voters or the population in general." The court replied , "it found, by reference to the text of Article (49 / I) of the Constitution, the departure of the will of the legislator to determine the members of the House of Representatives by one deputy representing one hundred thousand people from the hearts of Iraqis , regardless of their personal situation , whether the age or positions social and did not go off and the number of voters. "
    The Federal Court continued that " the expression contained in the constitutional text (people) came at all and did not allocate the number of voters and the absolute being launched."
    On the second question about the possibility of reducing the House of Representatives seats in the absence of a census, the Court emphasized that " the population increase to the number of representatives in the House of Representatives requires the intervention of legislative provisions of Article (49 / I) of the Constitution , according to the contexts provided for in Article (142 ) and the form in which it reduces the current number of seats in the Council. "
    In answering exhibition on the third question about the possibility of limited number of members of provincial councils between (10 to 25) members, the Federal Court emphasized the need to "refer to the provisions of the provinces, districts and district council elections law No. (36) of 2008 Article (24) it has identified provincial council members to 25 members with the additions contained therein. "
    The court added in its resolution "if I want to change that number and addenda between (10 to 25), that requires the intervention of legislative amendment of Article 24 of the law in accordance with the number in question, where the court did not find text in the Constitution precludes a legislative amendment ".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:15 am