Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Reduction in the water level in the dams of the Kurdistan Region

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Reduction in the water level in the dams of the Kurdistan Region Empty Reduction in the water level in the dams of the Kurdistan Region

Post by Rocky Wed 13 Apr 2022, 5:45 am

[size=30]Reduction in the water level in the dams of the Kurdistan Region[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) - Water levels have decreased by 50 percent in three dams in the Kurdistan Region due to the effects of climate change and reduced rainfall.
    A member of the Higher Committee for Combating Drought, Ari Ahmed, told Kurdistan 24 that the decrease in rainfall is one of the looming effects of climate change facing the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
    He added that the rainfall in the region so far, is not sufficient to prevent drought.
    The director of the Dams Authority in the Kurdistan Region, Rahman Khani, told Kurdistan 24, "The water level in the Dokan dam is currently only 41 percent, while the water level in both Darbandikhan and Dohuk dams is currently nearly 50 percent."
    The Kurdistan Region authorities are planning to build an additional 240 dams, 19 of which are currently under construction, with the aim of facing drought.
    The Kurdistan Regional Government has allocated funds to drill new water wells in neighborhoods that suffer from water shortages, especially in the capital, Erbil.
    The Iraqi Minister of Environment recently announced that seven million people in the country are at risk of losing access to drinking water in the coming years.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 17 Sep 2024, 2:48 pm