Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A development that may explain what is happening in Iraq.. Global electricity demand growth doubled

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A development that may explain what is happening in Iraq.. Global electricity demand growth doubled  Empty A development that may explain what is happening in Iraq.. Global electricity demand growth doubled

Post by Rocky Sat 20 Jul 2024, 4:40 am

A development that may explain what is happening in Iraq.. Global electricity demand growth doubled last year

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad Today - Follow-up
    The International Energy Agency expects global electricity demand to grow in 2024 and 2025 at the highest rate in the past two decades, with renewable energy (solar and wind) expected to account for three-quarters of this growth.
    According to a recent report, which Baghdad Today reviewed today, Friday (July 19, 2024), the demand for electricity is expected to grow globally by about 4% in both 2024 and 2025, compared to 2.5% during the past year 2023, which means double the rate, which is something that may be consistent with what is happening in Iraq.
    This would be the fastest annual growth rate in electricity demand since 2007, excluding the record recovery following the global financial crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Global electricity demand is growing at its fastest pace in years, driven by strong economic growth, extreme heat waves and the continued electrification of the transport and heating sectors.
    Solar photovoltaic (PV) alone is expected to meet nearly half of global electricity demand growth in 2024 and 2025, with solar and wind together accounting for up to 75% of growth, according to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) Electricity Market Report released on Friday, July 19, 2024.
    It seems that what is happening in Iraq in terms of increased demand and decreased supply is linked to the global context, as demand for energy jumped this year to more than 48 thousand megawatts, compared to 37 thousand megawatts last year.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 20 Sep 2024, 8:36 am