Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pentagon sets troop levels in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Pentagon sets troop levels in Iraq Empty Pentagon sets troop levels in Iraq

Post by Rocky Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 am

Pentagon sets troop levels in Iraq

a wish Since 2017-04-27 at 08:59 (Baghdad time)

Baghdad Mawazine News
    US President Donald Trump has given the military the power to change a confusing system to determine troop levels in Iraq and Syria.
    Critics said he had allowed the White House to control every small and large battle decision and ultimately led to a lack of clarity on the real numbers of US troops.
    The Pentagon confirmed the measure and said there had been no change to troop levels so far.
    She also stressed that the US strategy in Iraq and Syria is still focused on supporting local forces fighting the Islamic state organization, a tactic that avoided the need for a large US ground force.
    However, a change in troop levels is another sign of the big powers that Trump seems to be comfortable with to give their military commanders to make decisions on battlefields and could allow for more rapid increases in troop numbers in the future.
    The regime, known as the Force Management System, was established in Iraq and Syria during the administration of President Barack Obama as a way to extend control over the US military.
    Obama has stepped up restrictions to allow for an increase in troop numbers in Iraq and Syria as the campaign against the Islamic state progresses.
    However, the numbers did not reflect the extent of US commitment on the ground, as military commanders often found unorthodox ways of circumventing restrictions, including by temporarily bringing in troops or hiring more contractors.
    Official troop levels of 5262 in Iraq and 503 in Syria are believed to be less than 2,000 than the actual number of US forces in both countries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm