Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fox News: The Pentagon still refuses to disclose the number of its forces stationed in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Fox News: The Pentagon still refuses to disclose the number of its forces stationed in Iraq Empty Fox News: The Pentagon still refuses to disclose the number of its forces stationed in Iraq

Post by Rocky Today at 4:15 am

Posted on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Fox News: The Pentagon still refuses to disclose the number of its forces stationed in Iraq[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    2024-10-01
    Translation:
    A report by the American Fox News network revealed on Tuesday that the Pentagon is planning to reduce US forces in Iraq, but it refuses to disclose their size, as officials refused to say how many forces will remain in Iraq. The Pentagon also completed its plans to end the US-led mission by next year, with many US forces leaving bases that they occupied over the past two decades.[/size]
    [size=45]The report, translated by the agency, stated that “the Biden administration still insists that its plan is not a complete withdrawal from the country, but it has refused to disclose the number of the 2,500 troops currently stationed in Iraq that will remain, while the Pentagon’s deputy press secretary, Sabrina Singh, told reporters, “I think it is fair to say that our footprint will change inside the country.”[/size]
    [size=45]The report added that "American officials refused to describe the plan as a withdrawal, which raised confusion about the form of the American presence there in the coming months, while a senior official in the Biden administration said: "I would like to emphasize that this is an evolution of the military mission in Iraq."[/size]
    [size=45]“We have a very effective ally there, the Kurds, the Syrian Kurds, who we don’t want to abandon,” said Ambassador James Jeffrey, the former presidential envoy for the coalition to fight ISIS in Iraq, adding that the US withdrawal would allow Russia and Iran space to tighten their grip on the region. “This reveals that the US presence is not for ISIS but rather beyond its stated objectives,” he said.[/size]
    [size=45]“US forces in Iraq, Syria and Jordan have come under increasing attack since the war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza broke out nearly a year ago. Three US soldiers were killed in a drone attack last January on a US base in Jordan supporting operations in Syria. US forces have responded with periodic airstrikes in response, such as one in July near Baghdad, which drew sharp rebukes from the Iraqi public.” End/25 D[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 02 Oct 2024, 7:25 am