Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Kurdistan Regional Government is missing a deadline to end gas flaring

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Kurdistan Regional Government is missing a deadline to end gas flaring Empty The Kurdistan Regional Government is missing a deadline to end gas flaring

Post by Rocky Tue 14 Feb 2023, 4:27 am

The Kurdistan Regional Government is missing a deadline to end gas flaring

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Economy News-Baghdad
    Bureaucratic chaos and delays in paying oil companies have prevented the KRG from achieving its ambitious goal of ending waste and pollution in many oil fields. to oil companies and bureaucratic delays, according to iraqoilreport.        
    And in July 2021, the then Minister of Natural Resources in the Kurdistan Regional Government, Kamal Hamid al-Atrushi, wrote to the field operators, asking them “with immediate effect” to start the process of capturing and processing the associated gas that is produced with crude oil. Many production fields burn associated gas in an economically and environmentally destructive practice known as flaring, which Al-Atrushi said is strictly prohibited under the KRG's standard production sharing contracts and ordered to be phased out as quickly as possible.
    While the KRG and many of its IOC partners have taken steps forward towards ending gas flaring, the 18-month deadline has proven unrealistic. An industry official said, "We have a Kurdish proverb: Lifting a big stone is a sign of unwillingness to throw it. Having such an unrealistic plan, in terms of schedule, from the start, was a sign of not executing it."

Views 104
    Added 02/14/2023 - 10:15 AM
    Updated 2023/02/14 - 1:24 PM
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 20 Sep 2024, 8:23 am