Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Chilled Cucumber Soup

Lobo
    Lobo

Chilled Cucumber Soup Empty Chilled Cucumber Soup

Post by Lobo Mon 06 Feb 2017, 10:45 pm

Chilled Cucumber Soup Img94l
    Chilled Cucumber Soup

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Cucumbers are native to Asia, where they have been eaten for thousands of years. They contain a great deal of water, which makes them particularly refreshing in the hot summer months. When choosing cucumbers, avoid the waxed variety sold in grocery stores year-round, and instead seek out the long, thin-skinned English or hothouse variety. It has a superior flavor, less water and far fewer seeds. Three lemon cucumbers can be substituted for the single English (hothouse) cucumber, if you like.

Ingredients:

• 3 cups plain yogurt
    • 1 large English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled,
        halved, seeded and coarsely grated, plus 6
        paper-thin cucumber slices with skin intact for
        garnish
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
    • 2 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill, plus 6 dill sprigs
        for garnish
    • 2 cups milk
    • 3 Tbs. white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place over a large bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the sieve and let drain in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Discard the captured liquid and place the yogurt in the bowl.

Add the grated cucumber, garlic, olive oil, mint, chopped dill and milk and mix well. Stir in the vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Before serving the soup, season with salt and pepper. Ladle into chilled individual bowls and garnish each serving with a cucumber slice and a dill sprig. Serve well chilled.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Celebration Series, Summer, by Joanne Weir (Time-Life Books, 1997).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 26 Jul 2024, 7:40 pm