Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Toronto Maple Leafs

jedi17
    jedi17

Toronto Maple Leafs  Empty Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by jedi17 Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

Leafs pursue revenge against Panthers; Kapanen joins the slaughter
    March 28, 2017, 10:14 AM ET [434 Comments]
    Lucas Neilson
    Toronto Maple Leafs Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    It was two weeks ago to the day that the Maple Leafs took a journey to Florida to face-off against the Panthers. It was an absolute embarrassment as Toronto was lit up 7-2 against their former goaltender James Reimer.

The good news was, after this debacle Babcock blew a gasket and lit some fires under some cold arses and got the Leafs back to their winning ways. Since that pathetic display of hockey in Florida the Maple Leafs has been a new and improved team. Some say losing a game by a goal or two isn’t nearly as much as motivations as getting embarrassed by say 7-2. The Buds are homing in on a playoff spot and a top three in the Atlantic at that.

Every point from here on out is crucial to the Leafs making the playoffs. Considering the last five games of the season are versus Columbus, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington and Buffalo on the road the Leafs are going to have to secure as many points as possible over their next three games. It’s not like Nashville on Thursday will be a walk in the park either. Now is the time to shine, unfortunately the Leafs will be without Frederik Andersen for a period of time.

This means everyone is going to have to elevate their game, not only the decision making plays by the defensemen but the relentless fore checking and back checking by the forwards is going to be a key to success for the Leafs. They have been great at pressuring the opposition’s defense every game creating havoc and chances from turnovers and ultimately capitalizing on them.

The power play has been dominant all season and the penalty killing has been solid as well. If the Leafs can continue to produce and shut down in the special teams department they should put themselves in good shape going forward as we approach the last handful of games.

A newcomer from the Marlies just may be able to help in that department. It all depends how Babcock wants to use him, as tonight we fans will get our first glimpse of Kasperi Kapanen in a Maple Leafs uniform.

Last year Kapanen had a little taste of the NHL when he came up with the onslaught of other rookies. He was held pointless in his stint but had some stand out moments offensively but struggled on the defensive end of the puck. The youngster took it all in stride as he worked hard this season on his two way play, including taking on penalty killing duties and improving his overall game. Kapanen did get slowed down a bit after an injury but has been a point per game player all season for the Toronto Marlies. He may not start with a huge role, but if he performs well and rides the wave with this glorious opportunity who knows what’s next. Kapanen has earned this opportunity and will hopefully be able to make the best of it when the Leafs need him most.

The Leafs are still sitting pretty in the third slot in the Atlantic Division but are just barely hanging on as Boston is just a point back, Tampa Bay two points and the Islanders three. Thankfully Toronto has one game in hand on each team, which of course makes tonight’s game that much more important.

I’m expecting the Leafs to absolutely dominate the Panthers tonight who are coming off a game last night. The Leafs may have their backup in net tonight but McElhinney will be prepared tonight and I expect him to shut the door. The Panthers will be declawed tonight and I can’t see anything but two points for the Maple Leafs and revenge accomplished with a determined Maple Leafs team.

Thanks for reading,

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:57 pm