Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Jersey Devils

jedi17
    jedi17

New Jersey Devils  Empty New Jersey Devils

Post by jedi17 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:54 pm

On Kapla, Cammalleri, and CHL prospect updates
    March 30, 2017, 12:43 PM ET [10 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

1) There will (likely) be a new face in the New Jersey Devils' lineup when they return to action Friday night as defenseman Michael Kapla is expected to make his NHL debut.

The 22-year-old defenseman put up 30 points (three goals, 27 assists) in 40 games with UMass-Lowell this season while serving as the captain for the second consecutive year.

Kapla is regarded as a smart, mobile defenseman who can move the puck and his numbers indicate that to be the case.

With the Devils' season all but officially over they're going to throw Kapla right in the fire and give him every opportunity to showcase his strengths, as they should.

How much of an impact Kapla can make in these final few games remains to be seen but it'll certainly be fun to find out.

2) Mike Cammalleri is also expected to play tomorrow after a long layoff due to injury. I'm skeptical how much interest there would be in an injury prone 34-year-old with two more years on his deal (and at $5 million per!) but maybe if he looks good and puts up a few points the Devils could find a taker for him in the off-season. They'd likely have to eat some salary but the Devils certainly have the money to do that without it hindering other off-season plans.

3) The CHL playoffs started last week and several of the Devils' top prospects are participating.

Blake Speers has one goal and three assists through four games while Colton White has contributed one assist in that span. Their Greyhounds have a 3-1 series lead over Flint.

Michael McLeod has three points and 12 shots in three games while Nathan Bastian has three points and six shots. Their Steelheads have a 2-1 series lead over Ottawa.

In the QMJHL, Brandon Gignac has two assists through four games and the series is tied at two apiece.

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 10:39 pm