Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Water Resources confirms its orientation to use groundwater for agriculture in 6 governorates

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Water Resources confirms its orientation to use groundwater for agriculture in 6 governorates Empty Water Resources confirms its orientation to use groundwater for agriculture in 6 governorates

Post by Rocky Tue 11 Oct 2022, 4:59 am

[size=46]Water Resources confirms its orientation to use groundwater for agriculture in 6 governorates[/size]
    Iraq
    18:04 - 10-10-2022
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Today, Monday, the Ministry of Water Resources confirmed the trend to use groundwater for agricultural purposes in 6 governorates, and while it clarified regarding approvals for drilling wells and strategic groundwater storage, it warned that Iraq is exposed to another dry year in the absence of rain.
    The Ministry's advisor, Aoun Diab, said, "The ministry's plans to map the use of groundwater for agricultural purposes in the deserts of Salah al-Din, Anbar, Najaf, Holy Karbala, the Samawa desert and Diwaniyah, are linked to the ministry's approach to adopting a method of equitable use of groundwater, with the intent of not depleting and displaying what we have of our reserves. We are heading to a rapid decline, so we are moving to use groundwater in promising areas that have good storage that can be used better than other areas.”
    Diab added, "The ministry cannot give approvals to drill water wells in areas where groundwater levels have decreased rapidly or significantly, because targeting groundwater does not mean only the quantity of water used but also the quality of the water, in the case of withdrawing large quantities of groundwater. The percentage of salinity will increase, as happened in the reservoirs located in the Dabdaba dish in the Zubair and Safwan deserts. As a result of the continuous clouds, the salt concentration in the water increased until some wells were left as a result.”
    And he continued, "Iraq is exposed to another dry year in the event of no rains, because the groundwater is fed by rain, not only falling inside Iraq, but also falling in the neighboring countries of the common basins, especially east and north of Saudi Arabia."
    He pointed out that "some rains that fall have a positive effect on raising the levels of water storage in many layers and groundwater, and as a result, we can recover this renewable aquifer that is formed as a result of rain."
    He added, "The ministry emphasizes the use of groundwater using modern technologies, not using the old usual methods, i.e. using irrigation methods by sprinkling, which gave higher results by axial sprinkler, whose results were high compared to the lands irrigated in tourist irrigation or other irrigation methods."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 2:23 pm