Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Examiner: The mandate to invade Iraq was exploited to target countries and factions that

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington Examiner: The mandate to invade Iraq was exploited to target countries and factions that  Empty Washington Examiner: The mandate to invade Iraq was exploited to target countries and factions that

Post by Rocky Fri 07 Apr 2023, 5:09 am

[size=38]Washington Examiner: The mandate to invade Iraq was exploited to target countries and factions that had nothing to do with the original goal[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

April 7, 2023[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Baghdad / Obelisk Al-Hadath: The Washington Examiner newspaper said that there may be a bipartisan campaign to assess the president's war powers, as the House of Representatives adopts legislation that would mark an official end to the Gulf and Iraq wars.
    Senator Lindsey Graham proposed   an amendment to the powers to use military force in Iraq, leaving the president's authority to target Iran's allies in Iraq, but the effort failed in the Senate floor. 
    The Senate voted last Wednesday to revoke authorizations for the use of military force, which Congress passed in 1991 and 2002.
    House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Michael McCaul  hopes to repeal and replace a third Statute of Fixed Clauses passed in the days after 9/11, along with the Iraqi licenses.
    McCaul said: I will support the abolition of 2001, and I have an alternative, we must update it with modern threats.
    The cancellation of the AUMF in 2002 would be largely symbolic since the war ended more than a decade ago, and the White House says it will have "no impact" on military operations.
    The 9/11 plot was used by four administrations as a legal justification for counterterrorism operations in at least 22 countries.
    The report continued that the White House recognizes that the 2001 AUMF is outdated, and lawmakers are discussing opportunities to broaden or narrow the scope of the new AUMF.
    Getting to the finish line is more difficult, said Sen. Ben Cardin, one of the biggest proponents of repealing the AUMF in 2001, adding that he supports McCaul exploring a strategy of repeal and replacement if he seeks input from the president and the Senate.
    Senator Lindsey Graham proposed the special repeal and replacement, except for the 2002 AUMF only, and offered an amendment to the resolution that would give the president authority to target Iran's allies in Iraq, but it failed on the Senate floor. 
    The report added that Republican members of the House of Representatives admit that the two authorizations are outdated, but the problem lies in finding an alternative, which seems a difficult task, and the discussions may collapse as lawmakers debate how wide or narrow the scope of the new mandate should be and whether the old one should be closed.
    He added that the decision to authorize the original invasion of Iraq was intended to punish the perpetrators of the events of the eleventh of September, but it was extended to include other countries and factions that have no legal relationship with the original authorization.

Translated by Muhammad Al-Khafaji
    Source ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 20 Aug 2024, 6:43 pm