Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gold & War

Lobo
    Lobo

Gold & War Empty Gold & War

Post by Lobo Sat 03 Oct 2015, 3:28 pm

Gold & War

Posted on October 3, 2015 by Martin Armstrong

Gold & War 441x296xGold-400oz.jpg.pagespeed.ic.YMFgSXKcMY
    QUESTION: Does war boost gold prices?
    MM
    ANSWER: No. The only impact that war will have on gold is confined to either prolonged inflation or the uncertainty of the victor — the hedge against government survival. War by itself is a non-event. Gold will rise ONLY when there is uncertainty because the currency of the government will not survive a loss or a win if it is Pyrrhic victory.
    Gold & War 396x241xNeroSesJanus.jpg.pagespeed.ic.p5eiIT5Vgd
    So be careful. The gold promoters will tout that gold will soar if a war takes place. They did that with Russia’s invasion of Afghanistan back in the 1980s. But war means nothing unless there is a rise in uncertainty as to who will win or the cost changes the economic trend in a Pyrrhic victory.  (Pyrrhic victory Meaning. A victory gained at too great a cost.) The Romans closed or opened the door of the Temple of Janus for whom the month of January is named after based upon the existence of war. When the doors were closed, there was no war, so political uncertainty did not exist. When Rome was at war, the doors remained open as a symbol of political uncertainty. So this is a very familiar concept that has ancient roots.
    Gold rose in value expressed within the local currency of any nation where its future existence came into question in both World War I and World War II. Capital will also attempt to move away from wherever the crisis might be. So war in Europe and the dollar rises. The Cuban Middle Crisis and the dollar declined as capital fled to Europe. Just because there is war somewhere, which there often is, has no impact upon gold unless your country is impacted with respect to confidence.
    This entry was posted in Gold, Q&A and tagged Gold, Political Uncertainty, War by Martin Armstrong. Bookmark the permalink.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:31 am