Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Russian submarine with cruise missiles off Syria coast - reports NATO has called this type of su

Lobo
    Lobo

Russian submarine with cruise missiles off Syria coast - reports    NATO has called this type of su Empty Russian submarine with cruise missiles off Syria coast - reports NATO has called this type of su

Post by Lobo Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

Russian submarine with cruise missiles off Syria coast - reports
    Published time: 8 Dec, 2015 08:32Edited time: 8 Dec, 2015 13:45
    Get short URL
     Russian submarine with cruise missiles off Syria coast - reports    NATO has called this type of su 56669727c461889c3a8b45ef
    © Yuri Maltsev / Reuters

An advanced Kilo-class submarine has appeared near the Syrian coast, according to a source within the Russian MoD. The Rostov-on-Don sub is equipped with modern Russian Kalibr cruise missiles.
    In mid-November, there were reports of the same submarine striking targets in the Islamic State stronghold of Raqqa.
    These were neither confirmed nor denied by the MoD. Russian warships in the Caspian Sea hit Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) targets in Syria with modern Kalibr cruise missiles in early October.
    Known as 'Improved Kilo' under a NATO code name, the Rostov-on-Don (B-237) is the first trade-off model of the third generation submarines of the Varshavyanka class (Project 636) subs. The diesel-electric stealth sub is believed to be the quietest in the world. It also possesses an extended combat range and its relatively small size helps it maneuver in shallow waters.
    The sub is armed with 533mm torpedoes and reportedly Kalibr-PL (submarine modification) water-to-surface cruise missiles. The sub weighs 4,000 tons, reaches underwater speeds of 20 knots (37kmp/h) and can dive to a depth of 300 meters. It has a 52-man crew and can spend 45 days at sea before needing to go to port.[size=32] NATO has called this type of submarine a “black hole” for its ability to remain undetected.[/size]
    https://www.rt.com/news/325060-russian-kilo-submarine-syria/

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:10 am