Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Department of Justice

Lobo
    Lobo

Department of Justice Empty Department of Justice

Post by Lobo Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

Department of Justice

Posted on December 31, 2015 by Martin Armstrong

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has announced that it’s suspending a hugely controversial program that allows local police departments to keep a large portion of assets seized from citizens under federal law and funnel it into their own coffers. This program has been converting police agencies into criminal organizations by seizing people’s money without any connection to a crime.

The DOJ has announced that it is not ending civil asset forfeiture; it is simply ending the “equitable-sharing” program, which has given the police the option of prosecuting asset forfeiture cases under federal law instead of state. Typically, federal law has far less rights than most states. Federal forfeiture policies are, therefore, far more permissive and they do not really have to show any evidence of a connection to a crime. Allowing police to keep up to 80 percent of assets they seize is outrageous. They have actually seized more money than all crimes in 2014 and 2015 combined. The police have become the risk rather than criminals.

The police have become the people you avoid and never ask for help. Any contact with the police whatsoever will result in an immediate search of their database for anything on you. I have one friend who had a name that was on the no-fly terrorist list. What a nightmare he went through to prove it was not him.

This entry was posted in Current Events and tagged Department of Justice, Police asset forfeiture by Martin Armstrong. Bookmark the permalink.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:33 am