Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Chicago Blackhawks

jedi17
    jedi17

Chicago Blackhawks Empty Chicago Blackhawks

Post by jedi17 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 7:01 pm

Hawks at Wild GameDay Preview
    February 8, 2017, 9:10 AM ET [64 Comments]
    John Jaeckel
    Chicago Blackhawks Chi Chicago Blackhawks Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

Chicago Blackhawks (32-17-5) at Minnesota Wild (35-12-5)
    7PM Central
    NBCSN/RSN/TVA

PROBABLE GOALIES:
    Corey Crawford
    Darcy Kuemper

I'm going to forego the usual stats—Minnesota is marginally better than the Hawks statistically across the board.

Typically, when handicapping a playoff series, I do look pretty hard at the regular season series for any statistical wrinkle that indicates how things might go. And so, in my opinion, regular season matchups against likely playoff opponents do matter.

There is such a thing as a good regular season team that is not well built for the playoffs, and conversely, a team that will limp through the regular season and magically turn it on in the playoffs. But generally speaking, regular season tendencies—throwing out 3-on-3 OT and the shootout—carry over into the playoffs. As does what 5-on-5 match ups tell you.

Minnesota is coming off a 4-2 win last night in Winnipeg, while the Hawks have had a few days off to rest and repair. There is simply no excuse for the Hawks not to play well tonight. Win in regulation? That would be great. But they definitely need to play well enough to say, even if Minnesota wins, the home team had a bit of luck.

Minnesota has surged past the Hawks in the standings. They're a deep, fast club that plays good defense with good goaltending.

If you're the Chicago Blackhawks and you're serious about going deep in the playoffs this year—as the team, from the players to the coaches to the front office claims they are—then you need to step up tonight. No excuses.

Joel Quenneville has separated Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa again to try to force other teams into some matchup quandaries. Will it work? Tune in tonight and see.

One minor bit of news on the rumor front. I heard late yesterday the Hawks do not plan to expose rookie winger Ryan Hartman in the expansion draft, nor is his name being discussed in any trade talks at present. Hartman has clearly been consistently the best Hawk rookie this year, probably most impressive for the evolution of his game sense and discipline. This is a high bar, but the combination of willingness, above average skill with the ability to agitate is making "a poor man's Brad Marchand" sort of a reasonable comparable. That's the kind of player you hold on to. 

I'll recap what is a very big game tomorrow.

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2024, 9:47 pm