Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent

Lobo
    Lobo

U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent Empty U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent

Post by Lobo Thu 09 Feb 2017, 5:27 pm

U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent
    U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent A1fd7bebc8d08b15582d39fc2f98f05b?s=30&r=g
    THOMASDISHAW.COM Feb 09, 2017

U.S. supply chain at major risk as grid disruption proves imminent Belgium-antwerp-shipping-container-163726-1024x603

(THOMAS DISHAW) America’s supply chain is more vulnerable than ever. Imagine the chaotic scene that would erupt if American’s did not have access to essentials such as food, water, medicine, or gas. Occasional inclement weather threats are enough to disrupt day to day life, but what I am talking about would be far worse.
    I am referring to a grid down situation, whether it be a EMP, cyber attack or false flag event, that could throw society into a tailspin. A catastrophe of this magnitude would mean most cell phone communication would come to a stop, cargo ships that cross the sea with imported products would not be able to rely on GPS. The computerized warehouse that supplies food for truckers who deliver to your grocery store would be inaccessible. The FedEx driver who drops off medicine to hospitals would not be able to fuel their vehicles. All these scenarios are much closer to reality than many think.
    According to this CNBC report, experts are ringing the alarm on the real-time threat that the shipping industry is not prepared for a grid down situation in the supply chain.
    The shipping industry is increasingly at risk from cybersecurity attacks and a gap in insurance policies is leaving them vulnerable, industry experts have told CNBC.
    Cybersecurity has come into focus across the economy as hackers become more capable and society becomes more reliant on technology and energy. Ships, for example, rely on a range of electronic devices to operate. According to an email to CNBC, “This includes software to run the engines, complex cargo management systems, automatic identification systems (AIS), global positioning systems (GPS) and electronic chart displays and information systems (ECDIS),” explained Matthew Montgomery, senior associate at international law firm Holman Fenwick Willan.
    “The added incentive for a hacker is that the shipping industry involves high-value assets and the movement of valuable cargo on a daily basis.”
    Needless to say, jamming or disrupting GPS systems creates significant problems. For example, in April last year, South Korea stated that around 280 vessels had to return to port after experiencing problems with their navigation systems, and claimed North Korea was behind the disruption.
    It’s not hard to top predict that a grid down scenario is quickly approaching. Unfortunately, most Americans will be ill-prepared for such an event. If you don’t have an emergency supply of water, food, fuel and medicine, you’re crazy.
    Look no further than Venezuela to get a glimpse of how desperate a  situation will look, multiply it by 10, and that’s what we would be dealing with.
    Most Americans are not prepared for any emergency situation, so please don’t be like most people, get yourself and your loved ones prepared now!
    http://www.thomasdishaw.com/economy/u-s-supply-chain-at-major-risk-as-grid-disruption-proves-imminent/

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 11:20 am