Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pittsburgh Penguins

jedi17
    jedi17

Pittsburgh Penguins Empty Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by jedi17 Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:43 pm

NWHL All Star Game a success in Pittsburgh + Penguins updates
    February 13, 2017, 12:42 PM ET [35 Comments]
    Ryan Wilson
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pit Pittsburgh Penguins Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    This weekend Pittsburgh played host to the NWHL All Star Game and it was a success. Some of the world's best women hockey players converged to the Steel City to take part in a skills competition and all star game. The events were well attended (completely sold out) and also had a Penguins tie. Amanda Kessel was the big star of the weekend and her brother was in attendance to take it all in.

For those looking to watch the game here it is in its entirety

Women's hockey continues to grow and Southwest Pennsylvania is certainly an area contributing to that growth. It's really nice to see.

With goaltenders like Jaro Halak and Andrew Hammond hitting the waiver wire it really puts a damper on Fleury's trade value. Why would a team invest assets into Fleury when they can get the same goaltending off the waiver wire?

The only thing the Penguins have going for them on that front is that many organizations are infatuated with having a "brand name" in net.

Pittsburgh isn't as good at suppressing shots in 2016-17 as they were in 2015-16, but they are still great at making the most of their offensive possessions

When healthy the Penguins have the best forward grouping in the league.  

Today at practice the Penguins were still missing some forwards

Carl Hagelin isn't quite ready for full practice, but it is a good sign that he is able to skate before practice. Conor Sheary has an upper body injury so him skating might not be a good indicator of how close he is to returning. I'm guessing we will get a Bryan Rust injury update today. Evgeni Malkin should be good to go for tomorrow night.

Here is what the lines look like

I really like the combination of Kunitz-Crosby-Guentzel. Their ability to create offense with skillful passing in the offensive zone will eventually pay dividends. Each player has the ability to keep plays alive by making controlled possession plays.

You have a poor man's HBK line with Cullen filling in for the missing Hagelin

Scott Wilson has been producing in a limited role and now he will have the opportunity to do so with Malkin. Hornqvist returns to playing with one of the big two centers.

Malkin also practiced with the top power play. The first unit returns to a familiar look which included Geno, Sid, Phil, Letang, and Hornqvist. I imagine that zone entries will come a lot easier with Letang utilizing the neutral zone drop pass to Kessel which leads to a board side pass to Sid or Geno. It's a really tough setup to guard against.

Yesterday Gustav Nyqvist stabbed another player in the face.

He has an in-person hearing which means the league has the ability to suspend Nyqvist longer than six games. He should be suspended at least 50 games. The actual suspension will likely come in way lower. I'm not really sure how anybody could come to the conclusion that this type of play shouldn't be severely punished and not be a candidate for the league's longest ever suspension. Spurgeon could have easily lost his eye and just because it didn't turn out that way doesn't mean the act shouldn't be punished any differently. This was a gross play.  

Current date/time is Thu 06 Jun 2024, 10:50 pm