Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Minnesota Wild

jedi17
    jedi17

Minnesota Wild Empty Minnesota Wild

Post by jedi17 Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Wild Musings and Nyquist
    February 13, 2017, 10:08 AM ET [11 Comments]
    Dan Wallace
     Minnesota Wild Min Minnesota Wild Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    With yesterday's 6-3 win over the Red Wings the Wild have come within one win of their win total for all of the 2015-16 season of 38. They also extended their lead over the Blackhawks to five points with two games in hand.

It is very easy to gush over a team that is in first place and has been winning seemingly every night, just as it is very common to rip on teams and players that are struggling. With that in mind let's look to keep things in perspective.

The Wild are playing very well and they appear to be all on the same page with their Head Coach, Bruce Boudreau, and his staff. 

The trade deadline is fast approaching and teams are looking to bolster their depth as the playoff races heat up, or looking to sell assets in the attempt to build for the future.

Often trades made at the deadline don't really mean a whole lot when the dust settles. We can all point to trades that have hurt teams on both sides of the equation, and of course those that have benefitted.

We as fans tend to look at trades and rumors as we do with "fantasy sports" discounting the human beings involved. The human beings are more than just the players, but their families, and the teams of players and team personnel that are left behind.

It has come out that the Wild are looking mainly to stand pat with the group that they have, and the message is that this group has earned the right to see this season through to see what heights they can achieve together. 

I am not so sure that I totally buy that, because as long as I have followed sports, I have learned to expect the unexpected. Now do I believe that Chuck Fletcher will make a splash at the deadline? Absolutely not! I think that he will most certainly listen to what is out their and if he can improve his team depth, I am quite certain that he will, but at a very minimal cost to this year's chemistry and future success.

Now to the ugly incident from yesterday's game and Gustav Nyquist. That is the kind of play that is senseless, and regardless of his displeasure over Spurgeon's cross check, that action has no place in the game. I am not going to make any comment over how long his suspension should be, I will just say that I am so glad that we are not talking today about Jared Spurgeon losing his eyesight and leave it at that.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am