Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

NHL Power Rankings: Capitals alone at the top

jedi17
    jedi17

NHL Power Rankings: Capitals alone at the top Empty NHL Power Rankings: Capitals alone at the top

Post by jedi17 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

NHL Power Rankings: Capitals alone at the top
    February 14, 2017, 11:25 AM ET [54 Comments]
    HockeyBuzz Hotstove
    RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

In today's post, we rank the NHL's (current) top-5 teams factoring in record, recent performance, roster talent, underlying numbers and more.

Todd Cordell

1. Washington Capitals (39-11-6)

Losing Andre Burakovsky hurts their scoring depth, but this team is pretty much flawless. They can score with anyone, their defense is great and Braden Holtby is having another solid season.

2. Pittsburgh Penguins (34-13-7)

They have dealt with injuries to Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin, among others, yet they are still near the top of the league standings and score more than anyone. They're a legitimate Cup contender again.

3. Minnesota Wild (37-12-6)

Bruce Boudreau has done a fantastic job getting the most out of the talent on this roster. They don't have many household names, but they're deep and they can play any style (fast, physical, etc.).

4. San Jose Sharks (34-18-5)

They are top-10 in shot attempt for%, top-10 in scoring chance for% and Brent Burns is playing at a Hart Trophy level. They seem poised for another deep run.

5. Boston Bruins (29-23-6)

I'm going to go against the grain with my pick in the five-spot because this team scares the heck out of me. They have significantly outplayed opponents routinely this season but haven't gotten the results they deserve. They've now won three in a row and are starting to get a little pep in their steps. I think this team will contend for the Atlantic.

James Tanner

1. Washington. Not close. The Capitals enter their break the top team in the league by a mile, scoring 5 goals per game at will and being backstopped by the best goalie in the world. 

2. Penguins. It's not as close as it could be without Malkin. Still don't like their defense as compared to Washington, who can match their forward depth with production, if not star power. 

3. Minnesota . The Coyotes will always regret giving away Dubnyk. He could have been the franchise player they didn't know they needed. Anyways, depth, coaching, Granlund, Prince. It's all good in MN. 

4. LA - Boring but effective. Consistently good, 2 x top D, Jeff Carter, Kopitar and a system that makes Budaj a star. 

5. Toronto - Which other teams are throwing out Matthews, Nylander, Marner on different lines? Are those teams complimenting them with Kadri, JVR and Brown? The Leafs are insane and have the capital to improve their problems.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:44 pm