Friday, March 24, 2017 19:58
Just moments ago, North Dakota passed the Convention of States resolution with overwhelming support!
This historic vote adds North Dakota to the growing list of states banding together to place much-needed limits on the power of the federal government.
Acting State Director for COS Project ND, Jeremy Neuharth remarked, “Today I stand as a proud North Dakotan that we are part of the solution. Our legislature took the bold step, using the tools provided by the Founders in the Constitution, to restore the balance of power back to the states. It is with these acts that we secure one of our most sacred rights – individual liberty for all!”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Was Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Against an Article V Convention?
- Why Do We Want to Call a Convention of States?
- What is a Convention of States?
- How Do the State Legislatures Call a Convention of States?
- Can Congress Block a Convention of States?
- Article V says Congress “calls” the convention. Does this mean they control the Convention and choose the delegates?
- How Do States Choose Their Delegates?
- What Happens at a Convention of States?
- How are Proposed Amendments Ratified?
- How Do We Know How a Convention of States Will Work?
- Is a Convention of the States Safe?
- Can an Article V Convention be Limited to a Single Subject?
- If the Federal Government Ignores the Current Constitution, Why Would They Adhere to an Amended Constitution?
- Who is Citizens for Self-Governance and How Do They Relate to the COS Project?