Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+3
zimi31
Lobo
Rocky
7 posters

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII - Page 2 Empty Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII

Post by Rocky Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII

Political Since 2017-03-30 at 17:07 (Baghdad time)

Baghdad Mawazine News
    The United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appealed to the international community to help Iraq in the relief of the displaced, said Prime Minister Haider Abadi on Thursday. And reconstruction of liberated areas.
    "The Iraqi government supports the international efforts to pursue and punish terrorists," Abadi said during a joint news conference with Guterres in Baghdad, read by Mawazin News. "There is continuous work to close Chapter VII file in cooperation with the United Nations."
    Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said that Iraq in general and the areas destroyed by a pro-government organization needed investment to rebuild.
    "We have found great interest in UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in supporting Iraq," he said, adding that "the security forces are dealing humanely with the civilians in the combat zones and will eliminate the organization sooner rather than later."
    For his part, Guterres stressed that "Iraq is in the final stages of its fight against terrorism, and after the liberation of Mosul will have the opportunity to devote a peaceful civilian life,
    "We are working in close coordination with the government to achieve full reconciliation for Iraqis," he said. "All of Iraq's population and sects have been victims of terrorists and terrorists must be prosecuted."
    "I appeal to the international community to assist Iraq in the relief of displaced people and the reconstruction of liberated areas," Guterres said.
    "We support Iraq's efforts to liberate its territory and achieve national reconciliation," Guterres said, noting that "the United Nations will continue to support Iraq post-urging."
    UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will visit Iraq on Thursday and discuss with Iraqi officials the security and political situation, the situation of displaced people in the country, the latest developments in the battle of Mosul, the humanitarian situation in Ayman, IDPs to see the conditions of the families living in them

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII - Page 2 Empty Re: Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII

Post by zimi31 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

rocky wrote: We call to remove Iraq from Chapter VII to end the occupation of Kuwait file

Oh rocky...now you've done it!!! Now that you stuck your toe in the water...you could be our next go to guy...and you know that we are always looking for confirmation....Thank You!!!  lol!
    Lobo
    Lobo

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII - Page 2 Empty Re: Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII

Post by Lobo Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

yes yes yes
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Abadi stresses the joint pursuit with the United Nations to close the file of Chapter VII - Page 2 Empty Abadi calls on the Secretary-General of the United Nations to remove Iraq from the seventh item

Post by Rocky Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Abadi calls on the Secretary-General of the United Nations to remove Iraq from the seventh item

BAGHDAD, March 31 (KUNA) - The United Nations Organization for Human Rights (UN) is carrying out humanitarian and relief work for the displaced and restoring stability and community reconciliation, .
    The statement added that the Prime Minister called on the international community to "support Iraq to restore stability to liberated cities and remove Iraq from Chapter VII to end the file of the occupation of Kuwait and the decisions imposed on the Iraqi people because of the policies of the former regime."
    "The people of Iraq have demonstrated their ability to defeat terrorism and expel the oppressor. We are in the final stage of liberating Mosul. Our forces are exerting their utmost efforts to protect the civilians," Abadi said.
    "We express our solidarity and our full commitment to work with you in your great mission to liberate your country and achieve stability and reconciliation, and our visit to Iraq is a solidarity visit at a historic moment and we hope to liberate Mosul and return to normalcy soon," said UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. And his appreciation for the efforts to protect civilians and the appreciation of the international community for the sacrifices of the Iraqis and the need for the international community to support relief efforts and humanitarian institutions in Iraq, pointing to the need to hold accountable elements to advocate the heinous crimes committed against civilians.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mbryan
    mbryan
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by mbryan Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:18 am

[size=30]UN diplomatic sources say the only issues regarding Iraq's invasion of Kuwait which remain under Chapter 7 are an arms ban and the country’s payment of USD 52 billion in compensation to Kuwait. 

[/size]
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:29 am

Arent they making payments or will they forgive?
    sassy
    sassy
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by sassy Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

mochasmom wrote:Arent they making payments or will they forgive?
    I remember them making payments in the past but I think the last year or two Kuwait let them slide because of all the fighting but I could be wrong though.
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

I thought the Kuwait file had been moved out of Chapter VII and placed into another "chapter or article" so that Iraq could come out of Chapter VII way back "when" - and Iraq and Kuwait could work out the solution in payments and resolve the shared oil wells, etc.  Since Iraq wants to be completely out of Chapter VII, that tells me it was just a technical move and that now the "chips" are on the table and Iraq has to "put on its big boy pants" and settle with Kuwait.  Sure hope it is quickly resolved - any one have thoughts???

306 306
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:57 am

Sassy, I remember that also, now that Mosul is "technically" resolved, Kuwait could be saying "pay up" - scratch scratch
    zimi31
    zimi31
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by zimi31 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:41 pm

Lobo wrote:Sassy, I remember that also, now that Mosul is "technically" resolved, Kuwait could be saying "pay up" - scratch scratch

I also remember similar information...think there was a change in Chapters...so much information over the years,it's not hard to forget...
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

Lobo wrote:Thanks Rocky, sometimes the Ladies need a little help.

hi hi hi lol! lol! lol!

whatta ya mean, sometimes, the ladies need a little help? i'm a guy and i didn't know what the hell they were talking about.  lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 11:20 am