Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq says it will import wheat and rice through direct contracts

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq says it will import wheat and rice through direct contracts Empty Iraq says it will import wheat and rice through direct contracts

Post by Rocky Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:15 am

Iraq says it will import wheat and rice through direct contracts

economy Since 2017-04-16 at 23:20 (Baghdad time)

Baghdad Mawazine News
    Iraq's Trade Ministry said on Sunday it was negotiating direct contracts to import rice and wheat after several failures in the management of the two strategic commodities through international bidding.
    Iraq is struggling to import grain for the food price support program after it has introduced a new payment system and quality standards that have led traders to desist from international bidding.
    The central contracting committee is in the process of signing a deal to buy jasmine rice from the Iraqi-Vietnamese company, the ministry said in a statement, but gave no details on the quantities agreed upon.
    The ministry said it was negotiating the import of wheat from several sources of the subsidized food program.
    Iraq, a major global buyer of wheat and rice, told suppliers earlier this year that it would pay for its grain purchases in installments.
    Traders said the Iraqi Grain Board had told them that falling oil prices and other financial factors had prompted the country to delay payments.
    Iraq began implementing a subsidized food system, including flour, cooking oil, rice, sugar and infant formula, in 1991 to counter the United Nations economic sanctions.
    Meanwhile, the Ministry of Commerce said on Sunday it had bought quantities of vegetable oil that had reached southern ports and would soon be distributed.
    is over

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am