Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers. You must log in to see and participate in our Dinar sections.

Position yourself for free after watching the video on eCommerce at www.nenosplace.ipronetwork.com

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2017

Biggest wave ever recorded in the Southern Ocean – And higher waves could follow over winter

Lobo

Biggest wave ever recorded in the Southern Ocean – And higher waves could follow over winter

Post by Lobo on Sun 21 May 2017, 3:51 pm

By
Strange Sounds
-
May 21, 2017

A New Zealand’s buoy recorded the largest ever wave in the Southern Hemisphere on Saturday, May 20, 2017.

The 19.4-metre wave – higher than a five-storey building – was measured south of New Zealand. And scientists expect even higher waves to follow over winter.

Chart showing the measurements of the largest wave ever measured in the Southern Ocean by a buoy on May 20, 2017 via MetOcean
The enormous 19.4-metre wave was captured by the southernmost buoy that’s ever been deployed in a remote and never really been measured before place in the Southern Ocean on May 20, 2017.
Waves in the area are among the biggest in the world. But researchers say this one isn’t as big as it gets. There’s a possibility we’ll get something even bigger, and we are starting to get towards the biggest waves ever measured anywhere.
Location where the largest wave in the Southern Ocean has been recorded by a New Zealand buoy. via Met Ocean

But this wave is kind of small when compared to the gigantic 27-metre wave measured in waters northwest of Scotland in 2013.

So I am expecting new wave records in the next months. Awesome!
http://strangesounds.org/2017/05/biggest-wave-ever-recorded-southern-ocean-hemisphere.html

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:32 pm