Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

"Khazar River" destination for displaced Mosul against the summer heat

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

"Khazar River" destination for displaced Mosul against the summer heat Empty "Khazar River" destination for displaced Mosul against the summer heat

Post by Rocky Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:41 am

"Khazar River" destination for displaced Mosul against the summer heat
    "

Putting plastic containers under their clothes, climbing the trunks of some trees and then jumping with enthusiasm in the river Khazar pool. This hobby is the only outlet for children and young people displaced from the city of Mosul in northern Iraq, to find themselves trapped inside the camp.

After a hole in the fence Asthdthoa Khazar camp , which carries the same name of the river, exhibits dozens of children and young people a day on a dirt road to the nearby river for swimming, with a view to alleviating the free sun and spend a fun time before breakfast appointment.
    According to Hamad Shihab Hamad Bashir , 19, told AFP after rising from the river wet "We come here to feel cold during the month of Ramadan, because the weather is hot." He adds , "We spend time here and people are having fun until the afternoon and then go back step back."
    He continues Hamad, on the impact of applause and shouts of children in the river "does not work we have nothing we do .. we consider sport for the body and the entertainment because we Nlazem camp 24 hours."
    Every time a young trunks climbs trees adjacent to the river as a prelude to jump in the water, above the children 's laughter and applause to the severity of their enthusiasm.
    In the absence of any security measures , or protection, some children chose to put plastic containers under their clothes or jacket made them wear for fear of drowning in the current colored oblique to the green waters of the river.
    He says the age of 11, told AFP in store , a plastic explosive under his shirt back on the one hand "put the package because I want to Oaom, so I will praise and Oaom."
    During the presence of the team , "Agence France Presse" in the place almost a child does not exceed four years to drown in the river and save him from the young men who were close proximity.
    Residing in Khazar camp, south - west of the city of Mosul , more than 32 thousand displaced people, including a large number of women and children who have fled the stages of the battles taking place in the city of Mosul. The lives of these difficult humanitarian conditions.
    Iraqi forces began last February in a massive operation to expel Daesh from the west of Mosul, where they remain holed up in the old city and a few neighborhoods in their surroundings.
    The Khazar River is located between Erbil and Mosul, and constitutes one of the major tributaries of the Tigris River. Others are intended displaced the river to wash their needs
    and their clothes.
    "I will praise and Otzly , "
    says Ibrahim Hassan Ibrahim (13 years old) , " the tent lane and the generator does not always work (...) Nothing in the camp here Lisle come to swim and Otzly with my brothers and cousins."
    And accompanied Saleh Ali Zeidan (38 years) , his five children to the river. He says, holding little water in his son , "We came to Ntzly in the water and feel cold." He adds , "Nnbard on the water there is no electricity we have."
    Although the Khazar camp is one of the few camps for displaced people with electricity, but generators do not work for more than the rate of four hours a day, it precludes the ability to run distributed tents to the chillers.
    The temperature ranges between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius in this season makes the daily life of displaced people especially fasters them difficult.
    Saleh says "swimming is the only entertainment available to us here."
    And it prevents displaced people to the camp, supervised by the Kurdish security forces and retain their identity cards from leaving. But the young men succeeded in developing a hole in the fence that surrounds the camp on the one hand the river.
    Although it closed repeatedly by Kurdish forces earlier, according to what tells the displaced, but in recent weeks , with rising temperatures and the start of the month of Ramadan, overlooked them.
    Says Nizar (16 years) , who wears a white shirt and puts the hat, standing to the side of the fence opening, said that since the start of the month of Ramadan , "people began to go out for swimming."
    He explains , " I go and swim fatigue due to hot weather. Artah because the tent and hot air is hot, do not rest only with cold water."
    He points out that people "having fun in the water and rest so as not to Taatdjr and suffocate," he said . " He graduated to the water to take a breath and relax a
    little bit."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am