Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Five civilians killed, injured in IED blast western Baghdad

jedi17
    jedi17

Five civilians killed, injured in IED blast western Baghdad Empty Five civilians killed, injured in IED blast western Baghdad

Post by jedi17 Sun 20 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm

Five civilians killed, injured in IED blast western Baghdad

by Nehal Mostafa
    Aug 20, 2017, 10:00 pm
    SHARES
    Tweet
    Reddit

An explosion in Baghdad.

Report Ad

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Five civilians were killed and injured as an IED exploded in western Baghdad, a security source was quoted saying.

“A bomb exploded near stores at al-Hamamiyat- al-Taji region, north of Baghdad, leaving a civilian killed and four others wounded,” a source told Baghdad Today website on Sunday.

On Saturday, a university professor and a soldier were killed, while another one was wounded in two IED blasts that took place in western Baghdad.

Violence in the country has surged further with the emergence of Islamic State Sunni extremist militants who proclaimed an “Islamic Caliphate” in Iraq and Syria in 2014.

Security members, paramilitary groups and civilians are targeted by bombings and armed attacks since the Iraqi government launched a wide-scale campaign to retake IS-occupied areas in 2016.

More than 500 Iraqis were killed and injured during July due to violence and armed conflicts, according to a monthly count by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI).

While most of of the explosions attacks went without a claim of responsibility, Islamic State has claimed several incidents.

Security observers believe that even after IS’s main havens across Iraqi provinces are conquered, the group may still constitute a security threat through sleeper cells and lone wolf attacks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:46 am