Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son Empty Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son

Post by Neno Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son Cf4993d3-a2b6-41c8-9257-1c45b6970e8f_anwar
    By Anwar S. Richardson | Shutdown Corner – 1 hour 45 minutes ago

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son USATSI_7423714

(USA Today Sports Images)

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has every reason not to play against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, but he decided to express why he will carry the ball to Fox Sports reporter Laura Okmin.

Peterson’s 2-year-old son recently died after sustaining injuries consistent with abuse. Joseph Patterson, 27, who police say was taking care of the child, has been arrested in connection with the death.

After flying out to South Dakota to see his son earlier this week, Peterson returned to Minnesota and informed reporters he would play on Sunday. Here is the explanation he sent to Okmin on Friday prior to the game.

Here's the full text:
    "My brother passed the night before the combine and I decided to go through with it. The same reason why I will play this week. You may ask why? God wants good to come from it ... We mourn and grieve but heaven had the baddest welcoming party for my son. That knowledge gives me peace. I'm still hurt and feel the pain of life, but I'm able to function because of the peace and joy of knowing my loved ones are in a much better place."
    As Eric Adelson of Yahoo Sports wrote on Friday, Peterson has a history of playing through personal pain and Peterson himself references that by citing the death of his brother before the 2007 NFL combine.

The Vikings are 1-3 and are playing the Carolina Panthers at the Metrodome in Minneapolis on Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-explains-why-playing-164158944--nfl.html
    kelnchp
    kelnchp
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son Empty Re: Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son

Post by kelnchp Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:43 pm

This is very sad. 😢   I do not think in fact I know I would not be able to play if I was a player...everyone is different...but the guy that did this oh man all I can say if it were my children...there would not be a safe place for him or her to hide.
    csd9013
    csd9013

Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son Empty Re: Adrian Peterson explains why he is playing two days after death of 2-year-old son

Post by csd9013 Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:18 am

I agree, kelnchp. That man deserves the same beating he gave that little boy. I've tried to find out where was the mother when this went on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:21 am