Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path Empty International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path

Post by Rocky Thu 15 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

[size=30]International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path[/size]
    15/02/2018 01:12 | Number of readings: 33
    font size:  International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path Font_decrease  International Monetary Fund: Lebanon faces a difficult path Font_enlarge
    [rtl]Trend Press / Agencies[/rtl]

[rtl]The Lebanese economy is on an unsustainable path, requiring urgent measures to restore investor confidence and control spending in public finances, according to the Washington-based International Monetary Fund .[/rtl]

[rtl]"The Lebanese Central Bank is likely to raise interest rates or resort to using its reserves to offset the slow growth of private sector deposits in light of the political turmoil and the effects of the war in Syria," Bloomberg quoted the IMF as saying .[/rtl]

[rtl]The IMF expects that "the public debt will reach 180 percent of GDP in the next five years, up from 150 percent last year," stressing that "it is inevitable to make major financial adjustments so that the central bank to maintain the exchange rate in Against the dollar ".[/rtl]

[rtl]The IMF added that the Lebanese government should improve its budget by 5 percent of GDP by cutting costs, raising taxes on fuel and halting subsidies for the electricity sector .[/rtl]

[rtl]"It is expected that the biggest burden of adjustments will fall on the central bank, which has already adopted a large number of financial operations to cross the crisis, pointing out that the central bank to rely on traditional policies for interest rates rather than financial operations to include policies in his opinion raise Lending costs, for example, if deposit growth remains modest .[/rtl]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:13 pm