Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trump dismisses US official who served in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump dismisses US official who served in Iraq Empty Trump dismisses US official who served in Iraq

Post by Rocky Fri 23 Mar 2018, 1:31 am

Trump dismisses US official who served in Iraq

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
    US President Donald Trump dismissed a telegram sent to his Twitter account Thursday night by national security adviser Herbert McMaster and right-winger John Bolton to replace him next month. 
    Trump said on Twitter: "I am pleased to announce that as of the ninth of next month, Ambassador John Bolton will be a new national security adviser." 
    "McMaster has done a great job and will always be my friend."
    McMaster said in a statement: "I am grateful to President Donald Trump for the opportunity to serve him and our country as a national security adviser."
    The decision to leave McMaster for his post seems to have been reached by consensus, according to a White House official.
    McMaster, who graduated in 1984 from the US Military Academy at West Point, had served in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Gulf War in 1991 during his 34-year military career. 
    The White House official said Trump had asked McMaster to stay in office until early April to ensure smooth transition. 
    Bolton, who will become Trump's third national security adviser, served as a US delegate to the United Nations under George W. Bush from 2005 to 2006, and strongly defended Bush's policies, including the war in Iraq, as well as Israel's war against Lebanon. In 2006.

Last week, after a series of resignations and resignations in his team over the past months, Trump sacked Foreign Secretary Rex Tilerson and replaced him with CIA director Mike Pompey, in a move that appeared part of an attempt to reshape his foreign policy team ahead of a possible meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. 
    Bolton, who will formally take office on April 9, is taking part in many foreign policy visions. 
    Ambassador John Bolton is one of the most knowledgeable US officials on the Middle East. He knows how Iran works closely, as does the Iranian opposition that has already spoken in his meetings. He has also warned of the changing tactics of the Muslim Brotherhood according to interests and circumstances, This is in addition to being an old and lasting friend of Israel.
    Bolton is one of the strongest opponents of the nuclear deal signed by major powers in July 2015 to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb. 
    "With the appointment of John Bolton, Trump's foreign policy team will be more conservative, ideological, and less pragmatist in modern memory, at a time when challenges on the international stage require firmness, but also flexibility and pragmatism," said Aaron David Miller, a veteran diplomat who worked in Democratic and Republican administrations.

Current date/time is Wed 02 Oct 2024, 1:20 pm