Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lebanese Banks Eye Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Lebanese Banks Eye Iraq Empty Lebanese Banks Eye Iraq

Post by Rocky Mon 28 Apr 2014, 4:13 am

Lebanese Banks Eye Iraq

Lebanese banks intend to expand their operations in Iraq, the president of the Association of Banks in Lebanon said on Friday.

Addressing a Lebanese-Iraqi banking conference in Beirut, Francois Bassil said:

“The size of the Lebanese banks in Iraq may be too small compared to the huge Iraqi market.

“Iraq’s seven state-owned banks have 80 percent of assets and 90 percent of total deposits in the country. However, we are going to the Iraqi market to serve new clients.”

There are seven Lebanese banks operating in Iraq, and authorities in Baghdad are expected to issue three more licenses soon, according to Lebanon’s Daily Star.

The president of the private banking league in Iraq, Adnan al-Jalalbi, said:

“The number of banks operating in Iraq does not correspond with the number of population.

“We have one bank for every 45,000 citizens, while the average should be one bank for every 10,000.”

(Source: Daily Star)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:23 am